It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm

"What sort of Game sytem should Hawk produce next ?"

Discussion of other gaming systems
  • Author

UCM Deathdasher

Re: "What sort of Game sytem should Hawk produce next ?"

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 6:21 am

I would love a space fighting games and HOORAY for me there working on dropfleetcommander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the youngest and worst dzc players around.

FerrumXII

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 7:59 am

I like the Cars Wars idea myself! Would be really cool to have slick, sponsored muscle cars bristling with firepower and 'Mad Max' junkers as well for guys from 'the wasteland'. Modular weapons, spikes, mines, oil slicks, the whole shebang. That would be awesome

ZombiePirate

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 9:00 am

To be honest, once we have Dropfleet as well as DZC I'd rather they focussed on these two games rather than keep on expanding their portfolio. I know of at least one company that constantly (and unexpectedly) kept adding in new games and it always seemed to come at the cost of support for the original game/s that got you interested in their work in the first place.

I'm not saying that would definitely be the case here but Hawk are still a small company and I don't want to see the same thing happen to them whereby I stop buying stuff because the games change so often (based off the same rules) that it feels like the stuff I've already bought is obsolete because it's not the "latest" rules.

Kalan

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 11:24 am

I personally would love a full on sanctioned RPG set in the DzC universe. I know there's one floating around, but it would be awesome to have some of the fluff and such expanded upon.

Could be a bit of a challenge, but cool nonetheless :D
Just some random Canadian living in Denmark using a British Passport.

The Tribes are on the warpath. You have been warned.

UCM Deathdasher

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 6:06 am

ZombiePirate wrote:To be honest, once we have Dropfleet as well as DZC I'd rather they focussed on these two games rather than keep on expanding their portfolio. I know of at least one company that constantly (and unexpectedly) kept adding in new games and it always seemed to come at the cost of support for the original game/s that got you interested in their work in the first place.

I'm not saying that would definitely be the case here but Hawk are still a small company and I don't want to see the same thing happen to them whereby I stop buying stuff because the games change so often (based off the same rules) that it feels like the stuff I've already bought is obsolete because it's not the "latest" rules.

Give that man a cookie!

Mage

PostTue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

Kalan wrote:I personally would love a full on sanctioned RPG set in the DzC universe. I know there's one floating around, but it would be awesome to have some of the fluff and such expanded upon.

Could be a bit of a challenge, but cool nonetheless :D

This :)

On another note, rather than another full miniature game, I think a tactical board game like decent or D&D Castle Ravenloft set on a resistance world or a ship ala space hulk with 28mm heroic scale miniatures would be nice :)

UCM Deathdasher

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Blipvert wrote:
Fourth, a skirmish level game featuring the infantry of DZC. A 28mm Shaltari Brave in a warship battling Scrouge Razorworms would be epic!

Actually, some collector edition 28mm minis of all the infantry would be cool even without a game to go with them.

To be honest I would not like to see the fourth option mentioned as without a combined units approach it turns it from a very strategical war game as you can't ferry the troops around or give them support, they just have to kill enemy units.

ElectricPaladin

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 5:02 pm

DZC space game! Luckily, that seems to be in the actual works...
Space Hedgehog

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 6:36 pm

ZombiePirate wrote:To be honest, once we have Dropfleet as well as DZC I'd rather they focussed on these two games rather than keep on expanding their portfolio. I know of at least one company that constantly (and unexpectedly) kept adding in new games and it always seemed to come at the cost of support for the original game/s that got you interested in their work in the first place.

*cough*GW*cough*
I stopt playing because I feelt the only reason for the changes was for them to sell new models and increase prices.
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

Archangelcondor

PostFri May 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Rombobaak wrote:
Rigg_Veda wrote:The space combat games would be nice... but first focus on DzC and make it a real big game, with new units for every faction, new factions, campaign books and so on... ;)

Yes, please

i agree with u COMPLETELY!!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Other Games