It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 am

What other miniature wargames do you play?

Discussion of other gaming systems
  • Author

Hawk Annichka

Re: What other miniature wargames do you play?

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Warmachine since about 2006: Main faction is Circle but I also own Legion, Khador, Cryx, Minions and Convergence of Cyriss

DZC: Shaltari (Not surprising since they are the most Circle-like army) XD

I didn't get caught in the 40k trap, because even back then it seemed like they hated their players. That and a really hostile NO GIRLS ALLOWED community local to me. Picked up Warmachine because I liked playing the Iron Kingdoms RPG, the company was super local, and the players were friendly. Now I'm super in love with my Shaltari <3

aramaki

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 pm

Infinity

10mm Ancients, either with the Warmaster Ancients or Hail Caesar ruleset. Have some 10mm fantasy that I mix in and use the Mayhem rules from Bombshell games.

Sometimes break out the old Warhammer figures with a friend for nostalgia, but maybe only 1-2 times a year.

Bit of Mordheim now and then, have a lovely board for it so that keeps it in the frame when I'm looking for a game to play.

Blipvert

PostThu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 am

Added UCM and Scrouge to my PHR. Now have about 1500 points for those three armies. My main force is 3000+ points of Shaltari.

Recently got into Wings of Glory WWI and Sails of Glory. I love that simultaneous movement system. Probably why I like X-Wing and Star Trek Attack Wing.

Guard

PostThu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 am

"Recently got into Wings of Glory WWI and Sails of Glory. I love that simultaneous movement system. Probably why I like X-Wing and Star Trek Attack Wing."

What do you think of Sails of Glory? I watched a u-tube review on it the other, not sure about it?

Blipvert

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 7:55 am

I like Sails of Glory a lot. The one downside is the editing of the rules. They aren't written badly, just not organized in a very good way. They could've used a stronger editor. That aside, I enjoy it. Reminds me a lot of the old Avalon Hill game, Wooden Ships & Iron Men. Lot's of nice details and enough optional/advanced rules you can make it as complicated or easy as you like.

It's release schedule is going to be rather solidly French & British Napoleonic for some time with only occasional Spanish and American ships. Still worth a look.

Guard

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 am

Thank you

Daniel36

Hawk Talon

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 am

Don't think I've written anything for this topic yet, so I will now.

Dropzone Commander - Main game at the moment.

Warhammer Fantasy - From time to time I will participate in a Warhammer battle but only because I have the models and my clubmates still like playing it. When I do, it's either Triumph and Treachery as a mercenary unit, or something else like a silly scenario. No tournament style battles anymore. I also sold all my Wood Elves. Haven't regretted it for one second. My Imperial Guard army for 40K also found a happy home. Even less regret there.

Mordheim - Two weeks ago we ran a demo day for Mordheim at our club. It proved so popular (most folks had never even heard of it before), that we are slowly going to build up to a campaign. We still need a lot of scenery but most of us already have the warbands by virtue of our Warhammer armies.

Chronicles - Still working on my own ruleset for a skirmish style RPG. It's still a long ways off though. I do need my RPG fix, I will get it from this one day.
Officially Holland's #4 Dropzone Commander Player!
Now with added Moderator Powers!

purplehoob

Hawk Talon

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 5:25 pm

What do I play:

Ok I am into 15mm Ancients in a big way and have:
Romans(who really hate me)
Persians (who detest me)
Genral Barbarians (who ignore me)
Greeks (who tolerate me)

I also play 10mm Jacobite rebellion using warhammer civil war rules.
A bit of Legends of the old west and some Stargrunt II thrown in for good measure.

I have a lot of 40k stuff as I used to play that for about 25 years, Finally kicked the habit and thats all I will say about that.

I am getting into DZC in a big way and I think that for a while its going to be my thing. But I find myself moving down in scale and I am looking into 6mm napoleonics as I always fancied some black powder stuff.

Blackwrath

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 9:04 am

I played a lot of games over the years, but atm it has boiled down to
- Dropzone, my fav atm
- warmachine / hordes for competitive play
- classic battletech for campaign play, cuz it rocks :D
I still own a pretty sizeable chunk of Tyranids - mostly for artistic and nostalgic reasons tho.

Cheers
Black

Khealos

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Right now I'm only playing Dropzone. First miniature wargame I've seriously played in a few years.

I have a space marine and tyranid army, though I'm selling both since I don't like the way 40K has been doing. I also have a Dwarf army for Warhammer Fantasy but I have little desire to paint 20 to 40 models for a brick of models. I have some old Battletech stuff as well, though I haven't played that in close to a decade.
PreviousNext

Return to Other Games