It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Star Wars Game?

Discussion of other gaming systems
  • Author

Desolator

Star Wars Game?

PostTue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Don't know about you guys but I would love a proper star wars wargame. The only one I know of is x wing and its good but I'm talking about a star wars game with ground forces!! I personally would like to see one based around the big Jedi vs sith war where the Jedi thought they destroyed the sith, that would be epic....

Elfface

Re: Star Wars Game?

PostWed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm

The Age of Empires spinoff was a pretty fun PC game on those lines. The only real issue is, we rarely see a heroic army on the ground doing anything, but plenty of space action. Expanded Universe works for expansion stuff, but on it's own isn't going to be enough of a draw to get people in.

I do think it would work quite nicely along the same scale and themes as Dropzone though. Vehicles are the bulk of the fighting forces, air/space support being a game-changer if not properly defended against, and infantry doing the real work on things.

Full Metal Sandwich

PostWed Jan 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Alright so now we just need to wait for some of the better modeler/converters in our community to convert PHR into the army of the republic

yoink101

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 pm

the x wing miniatures game by fantasy flight is pretty awesome

Lydran

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah, X-Wing is a good game. But I agree with Desolator that an ground Star Wars (Old Republic) game would be great.

3600 to 3000 years before the movies, typical Star Wars style and technologies (honestly, there seems to be no development between the Old and New Republic), during the big war(s) between the strong Sith Empire and forces of the Republic...

Mage

PostTue Aug 19, 2014 11:55 am

Imperial Assault is coming out, it looks like Descent: Journeys in the Dark meets Star Wars.

Return to Other Games