It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 pm

planet fall spartan games

Discussion of other gaming systems
  • Author

JB11

Re: planet fall spartan games

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Spartan have been working on this for a while (2012), so I'm not sure it's band wagon jumping either

http://web.archive.org/web/201309081710 ... rta.co.uk/

Capt Panama

PostSun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Have you seen their new terrain? I put the link there if admins approve it

http://www.beastsofwar.com/planetfall/spartan-games-show-fantastic-models-planetfall/

Councillor

PostSun Oct 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Those are neat buildings. Very in keeping with what I imagine the UCM colony worlds look like with the ultra-utilitarian nature of their... everything? Modular is nice - might change that to excellent depending on how modular. Lots of questions about price point that can't be answered now. The really tall tower is awesome... but all that vertical doesn't add anything to games. That's a dead zone in Dropzone and probably Planetfall as well.

Do those infantry look really big to anybody else?
Feels things about wargames and needs to talk with his hands about it.
Based at Pair-A-Dice Games in Rochester, the best store in all New York.

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostMon Oct 06, 2014 6:55 am

The models I have seen so far are not to my taste, I find them exceptionally ugly. Very blocky, but that's probably a personal thing+no offense meant.

The scenery on the other hand looks promising. The huge skyscraper is something I would certainly buy - but I just know that someone will knock it over and send everything flying, while he tries to measure around it.
+ I advise to introduce morale checks if your infantry has to fight an opponent on the top floor and has to use all 765,561 stairs.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...
Previous

Return to Other Games