It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:35 pm

DzC:Reconquest(Video game)

Discussion of other gaming systems
  • Author

UCM Deathdasher

DzC:Reconquest(Video game)

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 5:21 am

I am a massive lover of video games and I would love to have a game made out of DzC. I think with all the fluff and describing everything in such detail I would love to see a video game made a reality. Maybe they could make a MMO where there are naval and ground forces. So it could start with the naval ships fighters and bombers trying to clear landing zones and destroy enemy fleet assets. Then the dropship pilots will fly into the ground and deploy their cargo. It could also balance out as one player could be one tank or a base of their factions standard infantry so even infantry can take on tanks. Thoughts?
One of the youngest and worst dzc players around.

ElectricPaladin

Re: DzC:Reconquest(Video game)

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 am

Ugh. Less than zero interest, myself. Nothing that I love about wargaming exists in a video game. No artistry, no (worthwhile) human interaction, no excuse to get out of the house and hang out with my buddies. If I have a vote with my dollars, it would be for Hawk to leave the world of computer games to the computer gamers and focus their time and energy on making more awesome DZC stuff for us in the format they already know how to manipulate.
Space Hedgehog

Magnusaur

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 11:58 pm

I disagree with ElectricPaladin on every point, save the one about DzC becoming a video game; I wouldn't care much for that. I'm also too tired to elaborate on why.
For the greater jellyfish!

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 6:47 am

Well, I think I would enjoy a "Mass Effect" - like rpg to immerse myself a little bit into the DzC universe when I have nothing to do.
A 1:1 strategy game for training would be nice too. ;)
A lot of possibilities, a lot of money to be made but also a lot of competition and I would hate their attention to shift away from what they do at the moment.

Cheers
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

UCM Deathdasher

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 6:30 am

The strategy game idea sounds cool. 40k did (in my opinion) a good job with dawn of war and I think Hawk could do it even better. I also thought about the DzC becoming a game and while I would not want them to stray from what they are currently doing I do see that it will be very much a team game as the payers (naval and dropship players for example) would have to look after the tanks and troops as they fight to the surface. So I can see why you said that and I do agree it would take a lot of effort. But still orbital bombardment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the youngest and worst dzc players around.

Daniel36

Hawk Talon

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Anything that eats into my or my friend's time to play an actual tabletop game is not worth it for me.
I love videogames from time to time, and even enjoyed Dawn of War, but no thanks. I'd rather play actual DzC. Plus there are already a lot of games out that are not very dissimilar to DzC in terms of aesthetics and general storyline, one could just play those.

Sorry! :)
Officially Holland's #4 Dropzone Commander Player!
Now with added Moderator Powers!

Return to Other Games