It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:41 am

special skills

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

Droachmega

Hawk Talon

special skills

PostSun Nov 16, 2014 6:39 pm

I'd swear I was able to print the special skill descriptions out for the units in the army list, but now i can't find that option. Am I crazy or am did I just overlook it?

time wizard

Re: special skills

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 12:00 am

I don't remember ever being able to print out the special skills. Might be just me though.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Buhallin

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 am

Never been an option for FFoR. The text for special abilities is not even included anywhere in the program as data, so I can say with some certainty it's never printed it :D

I've always walked a fine line with the information I provide, including enough reference to be useful without fully replacing the need to actually have the materials from Hawk. This is one of those tradeoffs.

It would be easy enough to add, but I wouldn't count on it showing up.

Edit: And just to clarify, that's always been my decision, not Hawk's. They've been incredibly supportive of what I've done with FFoR on all fronts, but I've always intended it to supplement Hawk's gaming products, not replace them, and to that end there are a few certain very deliberate choices like this one.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 am

Good move, Buhallin, and very respectful. Great to hear you have Hawk's support.

This FFoR program is such a win for this game. I find the UI so fantastic. It's intuitive, easy to use and seeing the beautiful DZC models there on the force roster makes me want to paint. This software makes the slightly taxing job of balancing battlegroup constraints so much easier.

Cheers,
Sword
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Droachmega

Hawk Talon

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks guys! I guys i dreamed that part up, haha!

Return to FFoR