It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Famous commanders have arrived!

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

Buhallin

Re: Famous commanders have arrived!

PostWed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 am

Careful not to cross the streams here!

The uninstall/reinstall advice was specifically for Hexer. If FFoR has been running fine for you, the updater should update fine, and the "Can't load" problem will go away. The uninstall problem was for him specifically to work around the permissions problem.

For anyone who wants details on this snowball of fail: The problem with saving famous commanders caused empty (basically corrupt) files to be read. In the process of fixing the save problem I tried to work around those corrupt files, but screwed it up - by the time I got around to checking that workaround, I didn't actually have any bad files any more... oops. So for anyone who had spent enough time with the famous commanders to have tried saving one and had it fail, I broke them worse.

I think it's fixed now, but since I don't have logs I had to just kind of recreate the failure, to recreate a bad file, to see how that broke things (it did) and fix that (I did). So assuming that's the problem that everyone's seeing, it should be fine now :D

Darios

Hawk Talon

PostSun Feb 01, 2015 2:11 pm

don't know if already mentioned (and not a big thing in any case) when "mangaing colections" some units seem to exist more than once (destrroyers p.e. and the cavebreakers Annihilator... )

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSun Feb 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Darios wrote:don't know if already mentioned (and not a big thing in any case) when "mangaing colections" some units seem to exist more than once (destrroyers p.e. and the cavebreakers Annihilator... )

J19 Hellhog, too. Also gets listed twice in the stats Reference portion and Model List of the print output of army lists...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Buhallin

PostSun Feb 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Will look at the model lists. The best way to handle some of these was to duplicate the entries, I probably missed a few places where the duplicates trickled through. Will clean it up soon.

Funky_Robot

PostTue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 am

I don't think this has been raised yet- when you Select Karl Foley as your commander you should be able to select Hellhogs in squads of 1-2. The program seems to hint that you can add another Hellhog to the squad (with the addition of a second box) but there doesn't actually seem to be anyway to do it.....any thoughts??

Buhallin

PostThu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks for the report on Foley's wingmen - found and fixed.

New version uploading as I write this.
Previous

Return to FFoR