It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 pm

PHR Standard and Heavy Choice

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

Slade

PHR Standard and Heavy Choice

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Is there any way we could get the individual units instead of just the generic type 1 or type 2? Sort of annoying when I want a Phobos squad, but first have to add the Ares, then add two Phobos then remove the Ares... Even if you made it so that the # box was available before any units where dropped in, where I could just click and add, without drag dropping?

Buhallin

Re: PHR Standard and Heavy Choice

PostTue Feb 24, 2015 8:26 am

I'm probably not going to add anything like a "Phobos Squadron" though. One of my major design goals with FFoR was to match the actual DzC structure as closely as possible in order to avoid confusion. If it's not in the book, it's not going to be in FFoR :)

That's not to say I may not be able to improve the experience here. I know this is a pain point, and I've been considering a few options to simplify it but just haven't gotten around to implementing any of them. The most likely solution will be a set of "canned" squad configurations that cover the most popular/common mixes. We'll see if something else occurs to me at some point, but I think that should fix most of the issue.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 7:51 am

I think it's just a minor annoyance, really. I'd hate to see the bar of Units at the bottom of the window get all cluttered with different possible (or "popular") configurations of Type 1s and 2s... Works fine as it is, it's really one extra click to add a Phobos, or drop that default Ares or Odin. Not something I'd spend a whole lotta calories on if you've got other upgrades/enhancements in mind...

Just my 2 cents worth...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Buhallin

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 9:01 am

It definitely won't be new options in the Squads list. More likely they'll show up as specific menu options in the size selector.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 am

Buhallin wrote:It definitely won't be new options in the Squads list. More likely they'll show up as specific menu options in the size selector.

Ah. That would work... ;)

To put in my 2 cents more, and to place my order, in a Neptune I typically run 1x Ares and 1x Phobos, but I also do 2x Ares and 2x Phobos sometimes.

Then in a Poseidon, I typically run two squads of 2x Ares and 1x Phobos. But I know other folks like different combinations. I just think that the 2xAres/1xPhobos squad, X2, makes for a potent armored force, one squad deploying to the Left and one to the Right on Turn 2 after the Poseidon has pushed forwards 18" up the middle(ish)...

Type 2s are another matter altogether.. Lots of different possible combinations...

(You're too good to us...). :P
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to FFoR