It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:41 am

4x Occupation Veterans in 2x Battlebuses

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

4x Occupation Veterans in 2x Battlebuses

PostTue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 am

Hey, Buhallin. Got a bug for you that snolb noticed on the army list of the winner at the LVO.

On the list (and snolb confirmed that FFoR allowed him to do it, but I haven't verified yet, just going by the FFoR printout and snolb's say so) is a single squad of 4x Occupation Veteran bases spread across 2x Battlebuses in a Kraken. According to Reconquest: Phase 1, page 133, an Occupation Veteran squad can be from 2-4 bases, but a single squad can only be in 1x Battlebus.

See the LVO Topic in the Tournaments & Events Forum for an image of the army list in question ("Scott").

I didn't check to see if this is also allowed by FFoR for Resistance Fighters and/or Berserkers.
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

snolb

Hawk Talon

Re: 4x Occupation Veterans in 2x Battlebuses

PostTue Feb 24, 2015 8:03 am

Thanks for posting ut up here, J.D! I forgot to do that! :D

FFoR allows you to do that with both Berzerkers and Fighters. When I read the rulebook I really think that it shouldn't work like that... :P
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Buhallin

PostTue Feb 24, 2015 8:19 am

Found and fixed. The bug would indeed apply to Resistance Fighters and Berserkers as well.

New version uploading as we speak; sorry for the mistake, and that it may have affected an event.

Edit: And a good catch on the issue in the first place. As far as I know, this is the first case where a transport option that is valid for some configuration of shared squads is invalid if it's used for a single squad (i.e. the normal share of 9 units in an Albatross works fine if used for just 9 Sabres).

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 am

Buhallin wrote:Found and fixed. The bug would indeed apply to Resistance Fighters and Berserkers as well.

New version uploading as we speak; sorry for the mistake, and that it may have affected an event.

Edit: And a good catch on the issue in the first place. As far as I know, this is the first case where a transport option that is valid for some configuration of shared squads is invalid if it's used for a single squad (i.e. the normal share of 9 units in an Albatross works fine if used for just 9 Sabres).

No worries, Buhallin! It's still a great software!

And I think it would be better to have two squads of Veterans than one squad in two buses game wise. :P So I really don't think it affected the tournament... :)
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Return to FFoR