It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 7:50 am

Unable to print

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

moondoggy66

Hawk Talon

Unable to print

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 3:04 am

When I installed the last update a few days ago I am unable to print. No print options or other information come up after selecting printing just a blue spinning busy icon. Windows 8 is the operation version and have not had any problems before the update. I had an older version on a usb drive that printed then was updated with the latest and no printing from then on.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

Re: Unable to print

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 12:40 am

I've had that same problem before but not at the moment. The only way I fixed it was with a combination of uninstalling FFoR, uninstalling the print driver, reinstalling print driver then FFoR. You could also try reinstalling Java run time environment on your machine amongst the other steps.

I never found an exact answer. It seemed to be a random combination of actions and the fact that Buhallin switched on Java debug the last time it happened, which theoretically shouldn't change anything with printing.

I suspect there is some bug going on with the Java library used for printing.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Garrack

Re: Unable to print

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Your best bet is probably to do the print preview and use the windows snapping tool to paste it into something you can print from.

Return to FFoR