New units released by Hawk

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

Buhallin

Re: New units released by Hawk

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Novus wrote:
ArronS wrote:It goes at the top of the reference sheet Novus

Ahhhh, I see. I only ever print the first page. And, that is usually the only thing that gets handed to other players at tournaments, too.

If, on the first page (the army list page?) you could, where it says "Commander: Battle Vizier," instead put "Commander: Battle Vizier (4)" or something like that it might help a few people other than me, too.

I understand now. And while I can understand how you could find it useful, I'd prefer to keep stats to the stat page. If the CV value is useful for the commander, why not the SOI range too? Would highlighting multi-DP models be useful, or having those high CQB infantry marked?

Which stats people found useful/important enough to escape the stats reference pages would be very personal, and quickly become a no-win that would detract from the overall function. So while I definitely understand why you would find it useful, it's probably not going to happen. Sorry.

Novus

PostFri Jun 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Yeah, it's your baby and I (we) appreciate all the work you've put in to it. It really is a remarkable tool.

Councillor

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 3:54 am

Hate to nitpick, but the Scourge Corruptor is listing the Razorworm Pod as (SH: 4). Probably a typo?

Also, the Corruptor rules PDF has different ranges listed from FFoR. The listed 6" range on the Rules PDF seems lackluster to pointlessness, so I assume FFoR is correct. I haven't found any discussion on it one way or another on the forum, so I'm not sure which number is accurate.

Thanks for your diligence, Buhallin.
Feels things about wargames and needs to talk with his hands about it.
Based at Pair-A-Dice Games in Rochester, the best store in all New York.

Bengt

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 6:21 am

Councillor wrote:Also, the Corruptor rules PDF has different ranges listed from FFoR. The listed 6" range on the Rules PDF seems lackluster to pointlessness, so I assume FFoR is correct. I haven't found any discussion on it one way or another on the forum, so I'm not sure which number is accurate.

The PDF you download from Hawk is the rules, FFoR is a fan product (a very fine one, but mistakes happen). So the PDF has the correct numbers (6" for all weapons). Of course the rules are still "experimental" so changes are a bit more likely to happen than the printed rules.

Councillor

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 6:08 pm

It is certainly the rules. It would also not be the first time a rules PDF (or printed rules material) had an error. Was there a first draft of the Corruptor that had a 36" R(f), making the FFoR stats an artifact? The first time I read the PDF was when I popped it open for confirmation on the Razorworm Pod special rule, yesterday.

Regardless, the FFoR doesn't match the rules in the cases I outlined above.
Feels things about wargames and needs to talk with his hands about it.
Based at Pair-A-Dice Games in Rochester, the best store in all New York.

Buhallin

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 7:04 pm

I sometimes end up with errata in FFoR that hasn't made it to official documents yet. But not in this case.

The stats in FFoR should match the PDFs, it's probably a typo. That's the second issue with the Corruptor, I'll push the fixes tonight.

Buhallin

PostTue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 am

Updated info for the Corruptor has been posted.

Klarg1

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Buhallin wrote:Updated info for the Corruptor has been posted.

Your release notes for the latest version made me smile.

Those UCM scouts are sneaky, they are. :lol:
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com
Previous

Return to FFoR