It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:01 am

FFoR on Android?

Discuss the FFoR list builder here!
  • Author

CheeseCake1128

FFoR on Android?

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 12:59 am

I've been kinda semi-permanently been lent a tablet......it was intended for use as a controller for little trackbots I was making a while ago but that project is currently dust gathering till I find time for it so I've decided to re purpose the tablet as a gaming aide. As such getting FFoR on it would be great, but as an .exe file Android can't open it. I'm not really very good with software so is there anyway to convert it to an Android usable format (.apk file I think) ? :)
- CheeseCake1128

Brunius

Re: FFoR on Android?

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 am

I suspect you're SOL, thought given it's java it might be able to be gimmicked. SCOLDZAP seems to be the goto for tablet users army-building needs

CheeseCake1128

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 2:49 am

Define SOL? :P

But that's a good point, I had't considered SCOLDZAP. I'll look into that thank you. :)
- CheeseCake1128

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Mar 11, 2017 9:02 am

SOL = Shit Outta Luck.

SCOLDZAP is good, if you've got an Internet connection, but a couple of things to look out for:

- One, not all of the units point costs are accurate in SCOLDZAP (still!), and
- Two, the page will refresh if you do anything else on the tablet and then go back to it (at least it does on my iPad), so once I've got a list where I like it I take a screen shot with as much info as I can fit (which is usually the whole list) so that I have a static image to refer back to.

The better option I've found is to do the following:
  • Make your list in FFoR on your PC as usual.
  • Print it to a PDF format (Microsoft has free stuff to do this, it just looks like a regular printer in your Print dialog box -- Google it, if you don't have it already installed)
  • Email your list to your Kindle account (this assumes you have one, which is free to make, and your tablet can run Kindle, which I don't see why it wouldn't, but I'm an Apple guy, never used an Android tablet)
  • Open Kindle on your tablet, find the list you emailed to your Kindle account, and now you not only have your list, you have all the stats for all of your units in your list, just like a printed FFoR list, which is something SCOLDZAP can't do.
It's quick, simple, and you can then have access to all sorts of lists at the same time without having to go to the trouble of building them anew in SCOLDZAP whenever you want something a little (or a lot) different.

Yes, SCOLDZAP has a "save" function, but I don't like it, and can never remember my username nor password!

Don't get me wrong, I think SCOLDZAP is great, and it's saved my bacon a few times. But I tend to use it on my iPad to cobble out a list idea, then I take a screen shot of it once I'm happy with it and email it to myself, then get on my laptop and put it into FFoR (where I get the correct points costs of everything, so now I know my list is legal), and do the PDF-to-Kindle thing.

Hope that helps!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to FFoR