It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm

If Shaltali will remain unique?

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Kelbesq

Re: If Shaltali will remain unique?

PostThu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Stompzilla wrote:This rule is actually a bit of a buff on how I've been doing it. I'm pleased with this recent nerf.

How were you self restricting yourself that was worse than the new rules? Were you limiting yourself to either a drop or a teleport but not both?

Stompzilla

PostThu May 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Yep.

Marbrand

PostFri May 19, 2017 4:04 am

I definitely feel like the VGs need to be re-balanced some. They took a hit to the hull points for being too op before the primary weapon for taking them out was available. They also don't scale at higher points games - at 2000+ you really start to see a lot of your groups eaten up just trying to bring enough drop assets to be competitive. Making VGs 1-6 per group would be nice.

Bishop 5

PostFri May 19, 2017 6:24 am

Shaltari don't seem anything like UCM?

Granted I've only played against them once using the starter fleet but they have tiny sigs, great speed, great scan, option to put shields up, teleporting & chaining.

I just don't see it. I think Hawk have done a good job making the factions distinct.

I also think the internal balance seems pretty good - in the UCM roster there are only two ships that I don't think I've ever considered taking (light gun cruisers & beijing).

And, as Major Awesome pointed out - we haven't got full rosters yet.

Kemble

PostFri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Marbrand wrote:I definitely feel like the VGs need to be re-balanced some. They took a hit to the hull points for being too op before the primary weapon for taking them out was available. They also don't scale at higher points games - at 2000+ you really start to see a lot of your groups eaten up just trying to bring enough drop assets to be competitive. Making VGs 1-6 per group would be nice.

I have to agree it would be nice to have larger group sizes available for voidgates. 6 in 1 group might be going too far, perhaps 4 or 5 would lighten the load enough. Shaltari already take a nice hit to SR for having to take 4 or 5 gates per Emerald.
Although I would prefer if the gates had a bit more durability, like say 3HP. Then you wouldnt need to be as spammy given the corvettes going around. Perhaps it would be enough for people to not want 5 voidgates per Emerald and be happy with just 4 or even 3.5. And it would help bring Shaltari SR back to being closer to scourge or UCM SR.
I doubt very few people would support the voidgate returning to 3HP tho. ;) Even in this day and age of corvettes.

On topic tho, I dont think Shaltari will lose their uniqueness. It is entirely possible that they will be or have been? nerfed to a level where they are difficult to be competitive with tho.

Stompzilla

PostSat May 20, 2017 10:47 am

I played my first game with the new errata last night and loved it. Teleporting can still be brutal but you have to really plan ahead to get it off.

I think Shaltari are in a good place right now. Some of the particle weapons need looking at (I suggest lock 2+) but everything else is where it needs to be. The cards were fun to :D o.

Gonefishing

PostSat May 20, 2017 3:37 pm

dread2005 wrote:PHR was the same, people felt the faction (broadsides) are wrong or to weak, i think they didnt know how to play them! ;-P

I still do think the Broadsides are weak ;) (its only the calypso that makes them a little more viable now, and I suspect that will be changed again soon), personally speaking I have learned to play "round them" and that works fine, but it does limited me to a small subset of non broadside dependant ships.

Nobody

PostSat May 20, 2017 5:10 pm

A comment made earlier about Shaltari not placing in the top 3 of tournaments since Warboar had me go and check.

Top 3 is almost always Scourge winning, with the next two being PHR and Scourge again in some order. Hrm.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostSat May 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Nobody wrote:A comment made earlier about Shaltari not placing in the top 3 of tournaments since Warboar had me go and check.

Top 3 is almost always Scourge winning, with the next two being PHR and Scourge again in some order. Hrm.

Psst don´t disturb the Shalatari witch hunt with facts the midgets deserve hate they started the war! :lol:

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSun May 21, 2017 6:53 am

Nobody wrote:A comment made earlier about Shaltari not placing in the top 3 of tournaments since Warboar had me go and check.

Are you referring to DropFLEET, or DropZONE? I haven't seen stats from you for Dropfleet yet, which is why I'm wondering...

As for Shaltari not winning a Hawk-run event, everyone on that side of the pond keep forgetting that the very first Hawk-run Dropfleet event was the LVO!, at which Shaltari came in First and Second.

My point being, Hawk runs events outside of the U.K./Europe... ;)

On the pro-Shaltari side, I do think that VGs should have their Group size increased to 1-4, given that it turns out that you need at least 4 VGs per Mothership to work properly.

Likewise, Hawk needs to make and sell 3 VG blisters, so that people can have the right number of VGs without having to buy a ton more Cruisers than they're likely to ever play...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion