It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:48 am

What's next?

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Tim

What's next?

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 pm

So with Dropzone Commander 2 on the horizon, what's next for Dropfleet?

(Or are we going to see this side of the game ignored for 6+ months whilst DzC is worked on?)

BlackLegion

Re: What's next?

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 pm

A new book with Dreadnoughts and Destroyers as well as new scenarios I would bet. Sometime next year I guess.

Admiral JCJF

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 am

I'd expect ongoing work with balancing and FAQ's/errata.

But, beyond that, it does appear as if the Dreadnoughts (of which one will be the London) and Destroyers are next on the agenda.

Does that necessarily mean a new book 'though? Do Hawk always put new material into books alone?
Why would we waste words on Prey?

Scoundrel13

Hawk Talon

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 6:42 am

I wouldn't mind another six months before a new release for Dropfleet. I think there is a large group of players who are yet to get past the point of playing starter size games, and it would be good for the community as a whole if these players had time to build their fleets and feel their way into larger points games without more layers of rules yet.

But I agree, with the mention of Dreadnoughts even as far back as the Kickstarter, I think it's a pretty good bet they'll be involved in the next wave.

Pretty sure I remember mentionings of a Scourge Mothership Super-Carrier too, bigger than a Dreadnought, in the region of twelve inches long :twisted: #jellyheadlife

Tim

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am

Dreadnoughts and destroyers sound interesting, though next year feels discouraging.

Perhaps I come from a bit of a spoiled place (infinity) where there are new things each month (even if I can't use them).

Then again, I also come from Firestorm Armada , where Spartan's release policy was fire and forget... And I really don't want it to be that way with DfC

Admiral JCJF

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Tim wrote:Dreadnoughts and destroyers sound interesting, though next year feels discouraging.

Perhaps I come from a bit of a spoiled place (infinity) where there are new things each month (even if I can't use them).

Then again, I also come from Firestorm Armada , where Spartan's release policy was fire and forget... And I really don't want it to be that way with DfC

As a fellow Infinity player I certainly agree that Corvus Belli spoil their players with the wealth of releases they support their games with.

But, at the same time, Hawk actually have all the models with all the weapon options available for the whole game of Dropfleet with no need for conversion or kitbashing so we shouldn't complain too loudly.

It'll be tough to wait for new material, but at least it sounds like interesting stuff to wait for.

I'm still curious to hear from more experienced players (perhaps those coming from DZC) about Hawk practice around new releases. Do they only ever add new units etc in books? Or do they sometimes add units with web releases etc?

Phototoxin

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 pm

As someone trying to get into the game, I'd like to see more community. It seems that everyone went crazy over the kickstarter and now... nothing.
If you play DzC on the south coast of the UK, join the South Coast Dropzone Commander Facebook group for the latest info on local events, news, to meet other local players and hear about tournaments!

Admiral JCJF

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Phototoxin wrote:As someone trying to get into the game, I'd like to see more community. It seems that everyone went crazy over the kickstarter and now... nothing.

Well, you may have noticed me trying to kickstart the conversation in the Scourge sub-forum.

I'd do the same elsewhere if I had anything intelligent to say about any of the other factions.

But, yeah, it's pretty damn quiet here and I don't know that there is an active community on any other forum?

Shikatanai

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:06 am

Phototoxin wrote:As someone trying to get into the game, I'd like to see more community. It seems that everyone went crazy over the kickstarter and now... nothing.

Having the same feeling here in germany... :(

ZombiePirate

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 am

I think part of that is down to the Kickstarter, because of the delays, wave 2 still not arriving, poor communication overall, it soured some people and did therefore have an impact on the game's community. I've played a few games with a friend out of 4 of us who backed the kickstarter, at the moment the group I play in is more energised about 8th edition 40k (Yeah, who'd have believed that was going to happen?). It's not all about the kickstarter for us but even amongst us die-hard Hawkers it's had an impact.

Return to General Discussion