It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:04 am

Is anything for sale yet on the site?

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Birdie_Sparrow

Is anything for sale yet on the site?

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 am

I remember an announcement was made that packages, minis, etc would be available around Dec 1.

My wife would like to get me some things for Xmas but there is still no means to order stock.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!

fritsk

Re: Is anything for sale yet on the site?

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 7:28 pm

At least make sure you loudly announce the relaunch weekend.
I don't want to miss the show-only minis I missed at Crisis :roll:

Birdie_Sparrow

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 am

So much for Christmas! Thanks for stating you would be ready to roll at the end of November for Christmas time.

Really miffed at the silence about ordering - it would have been nice to even had an "oops - wont be till after the new year"

Can Hawk break the contract with TT and find a company that can keep their promises?

alchahest

PostMon Dec 25, 2017 11:09 pm

yikes, companies miss self-set deadlines all the time, especially when buying an entirely new (to them) IP and updating manufacturing for it. you need to take a breather my dude.

Birdie_Sparrow

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 am

"Dude" This has been in the works for months so this is not a surprise. All of this should have been planned out months ago.

To state items would be for sale at the end of November and then not even have the decency to communicate is poor CS. I would appreciate an actual TT or Hawk individual to reply when stock will once again be available.

Thanks

Jam800

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 9:14 am

Unfortunately, since the loss of the original Hawk community team all communication with the community has dried up from the company directly responsible for the game (i.e TT Combat).

If you want to get any answers out of TT, you will need to speak with them directly by either emailing them or via their Facebook page.

TT only seem to get involved with the community when a member of the community approaches them with questions. They then ask those individuals to provide those response out to the wider community; ref Dropfleet community posts and The HotLZ blog.

Personally I think TT are missing a trick that Hawk had spot on. Reinstating the likes of Hawk Liam and Hawk Scott would help massively in breathing life back into a community that appears to be dying off in my view.

This was an excellent forum in the past and a very good and supportive community. Elements of that remain, although it is nothing like what it was IMHO, as folk have got disgruntled or just plain fed up of waiting for shiny stuff.

Hopefully things will change in the new year as the pace picks up once more on the release schedule for both fleet and Zone, however I also believe the community needs some close support a la Hawk's previous strategy prior to the TT buy-out

Shikatanai

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 11:21 am

Jam800 wrote:Unfortunately, since the loss of the original Hawk community team all communication with the community has dried up from the company directly responsible for the game (i.e TT Combat).

If you want to get any answers out of TT, you will need to speak with them directly by either emailing them or via their Facebook page.

TT only seem to get involved with the community when a member of the community approaches them with questions. They then ask those individuals to provide those response out to the wider community; ref Dropfleet community posts and The HotLZ blog.

Personally I think TT are missing a trick that Hawk had spot on. Reinstating the likes of Hawk Liam and Hawk Scott would help massively in breathing life back into a community that appears to be dying off in my view.

This was an excellent forum in the past and a very good and supportive community. Elements of that remain, although it is nothing like what it was IMHO, as folk have got disgruntled or just plain fed up of waiting for shiny stuff.

Hopefully things will change in the new year as the pace picks up once more on the release schedule for both fleet and Zone, however I also believe the community needs some close support a la Hawk's previous strategy prior to the TT buy-out

Give them some time. I think they are busy enough with the take-over and fulfilling all those missing KS things and the Orders that came in during the take-over. I guess there will be some changes in the new year with new announcments, the new Talon system etc.
It will be a matter of time I think :-)

Jam800

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 12:40 pm

I seriously hope things do improve in the new year. I'm not against TT Combat taking over, I just think that during this interim limbo period they could've continued to ficus and support the community in general and I think this has been lacking.

As a result of all the on going issues and delays over the last 12 months or so i've seen my local community, as well as the online community shrink (or at least become less active).

Shikatanai

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Well they at least seem to be really fast in fullfilling the missing KS stuff...
No matter what they are doing someone will complain - they are trying to fix the biggest issue Hawk had during the last year. A company that takes over a mess like that just needs a little time to get it solved and imho they are focusing on the most urgent thing right now.

Birdie_Sparrow

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Well as I stated I would not care about them taking time to sort things out. I am just irked that they said items would be available for Christmas then nada - even a simple "Oops - we thought we would have items for Christmas but <insert problem here> means we wont."

I also agree that the community is getting smaller. I had been playing this at my LGS, got some people excited to purchase the base game at least but they have now gone on to other things. The reason stated was it was not available with no known restock coming. They dont want to buy a dead game. :/
Next

Return to General Discussion