It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 am


kickstarter exclusives

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

drachnien

  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

kickstarter exclusives

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm

looks like if you backed to get access to them you didn't need to. if you missed them you can get them.

"from Friday 26th January until Sunday 4th February, you'll be able to pick up all Hawk event exclusives on the webstore! Not only that, but there will be limited numbers of other exclusives too!

Been kicking yourself about skipping the 2-Up Beijing? We've cast some Kickstarter items up to finish fulfilling pledges, and will have a few spares. This will be the very last chance to ever get these online, and numbers may be limited!"


last chance to get them online till they release them again ;)
Offline

Birdie_Sparrow

  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 am

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 am

I am ecstatic stuff goes on sale again - getting miniatures etc has been a real pain lately. I need another couple of BB's and some frigates to finish my fleets.

However, I am not pleased about the KS exclusive items. AT GenCon I talked to Dave about the 2-Ups and he stated they were KS only and would never be made again. Now I know Dave does not have control anymore but I would have thought TT would honor the KS exclusive items. Not cool.
Offline

Lorn

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 2443
  • Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 11:02 am

Personally I understand that TT Combat does want to use the forms instead of letting them rot away.

Birdie_Sparrow wrote: but I would have thought TT would honor the KS exclusive items.


Did they ever promise that part anywhere? Just wondering I am not on Facebook so I might have missed that they did that.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506
Offline

Shikatanai

  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Lorn wrote:Did they ever promise that part anywhere? Just wondering I am not on Facebook so I might have missed that they did that.


They did not promise anything like that... a lot of people just assume that everything works / should work the same as before since TT Combats initial announcement was written much more like an agreement to work together instead of a take over.

I agree that it might not be the best way to sell KS exclusive items again and I understand if someone is not happy about it but TT Combat is not Hawk and they need to do what's best for the game and imho it is a good way to get some life and excitement into the DFC community again.
Offline

alchahest

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 9:46 pm

As someone who owns the exclusives I wanted, I am still all for making them available. There's a wierd, unearned elitism that some people (not all!) get when it comes to kickstarter exclusives - they feel that because they've paid during a small window that some people may not have even been told of, that they're more important / more deserving of cool things. they're also (usually) paying less than the people who buy things at retail, as Kickstarters are usually discounted. So you get this weird thing where early adopters think that because they paid less but paid early, they're more of a fan / more deserving than someone who didn't know the kickstarter was on, or as in some cases, simply had different things they had to spend money on at the time.

If your enjoyment of a thing hinges on other people not being allowed to have it, maybe games (a social activity) aren't for you.

I, for one, love it when I have a cool game that my friends are interested in, and they ask "hey where can I buy that" and I can actually answer the question with something other than "sorry but that item is exclusive you literally are never allowed to pay the company I want to support to own it"
Offline

Nobody

  • Posts: 853
  • Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:25 am

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 10:07 pm

alchahest wrote:As someone who owns the exclusives I wanted, I am still all for making them available. There's a wierd, unearned elitism that some people (not all!) get when it comes to kickstarter exclusives - they feel that because they've paid during a small window that some people may not have even been told of, that they're more important / more deserving of cool things. they're also (usually) paying less than the people who buy things at retail, as Kickstarters are usually discounted. So you get this weird thing where early adopters think that because they paid less but paid early, they're more of a fan / more deserving than someone who didn't know the kickstarter was on, or as in some cases, simply had different things they had to spend money on at the time.

If your enjoyment of a thing hinges on other people not being allowed to have it, maybe games (a social activity) aren't for you.

I, for one, love it when I have a cool game that my friends are interested in, and they ask "hey where can I buy that" and I can actually answer the question with something other than "sorry but that item is exclusive you literally are never allowed to pay the company I want to support to own it"



+1

I have all the KS battlecruisers, I’m all for making them available for special promos. In a couple of months you won’t be able to tell if that random pick up game was using an Avalon they got because they were a backer, bought on eBay, or bought through this promo. And if that bothers you, maybe take a step back and think about what you are really trying to get from the game.
Offline

Shikatanai

  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 am

I guess it is more about the feeling being lied to about exclusiveness of something. It's just bad marketing to try to sell something with something exclusive to it but sell that exclusive stuff later on again - does not have to do something with "feeling special" about having it. Also keep in mind that kickstarting something is not just buying something in a early timeframe but risking your money on a project that might never be realized.

Still think it will be good for the game and this is more important right now.
Offline

_ghost_

  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 am

The thing is ttcombat is not Hawk wargames.

Peolpe who complain bout the selling ignore that detail
Offline

Shikatanai

  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

You think they do not have the right to complain just because one company took over the other?
You can not force TT Combat to anything, to be honest the same would apply for Hawk if they would have done the same without TT Combat taking over.
Being upset is a valid point of view and expressing it is also fine - It just won't change anything.
Offline

purplehoob

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 am

Re: kickstarter exclusives

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 1:58 pm

I agree you cant force a company to do anything.

But then again you cant assume people will continue to buy a product from a company.

It does work both ways, I have a few of the special issue models and I really don't care if they are on sale again or not.

As long as you don't promise something and then don't deliver.

Hawk TT or whatever they are called now are a new entity so I for one will treat them like a new company.

My money does have a lot of other things that I want it to do and a lot of companies are trying to get me to spend with them.
Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest