It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am

Sell me on Dropfleet

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Gauntlet

Re: Sell me on Dropfleet

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 5:45 pm

Keeping us in suspense, I love it!

Overread

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 6:52 pm

But of course, something has to keep me entertained whilst waiting for the post ;)

alchahest

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm

hey Overread, I am pretty sure I recognise the username from other game boards over the years. WM/H? Infinity?

welcome to UCM btw!

Overread

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 pm

alchahest wrote:hey Overread, I am pretty sure I recognise the username from other game boards over the years. WM/H? Infinity?

welcome to UCM btw!

Thanks for the welcome but wait who said it was or wasn't UCM ? ;)
I'm terrible at remembering names (I hate when people change avatars ;))

Not been much around the Hordes forums since they blitzed them of most of their content (a huge mistake in my view). Though I still keep an eye out - got my eye on that huge new snake beast character for Everblight that came out a while back.

alchahest

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Former legion player here, that's probably where I recognised you from!

also, I thought I was in the UCM subforum - whoops. welcome to dropfleet, then. And if us loyal humans are lucky, welcome to UCM!

Overread

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Soooo

1) OMG I love this plastic - no seriously this is really nice plastic. Heck the fit on some parts is tight enough that its almost snap-fit joins (almost it most certainly isn't snap-fit, but it gives an idea of how tight and smooth the parts fit together).

2) Oook I now hate whoever it was who chose to put the connection points where they are for some parts - seriously fiddly to remove items from the sprue carefully without damaging a single tiny tiny tiny spike or cone

3) Ok I can hardly see any mould lines - though I dread to think what it might be like when the moulds get a little more well used (unless this plastic system keeps edges better than the majority of others)

4) Repeat point 2 - this is more dangerous than assembling a metal chaos/dark eldar unit with all the spikes attached ;)

Shaltari - these are very neat, very sleek and very very covered in little delicate detail spikes :mrgreen:

Eddieddi

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Welcome to the superior shaltari race, May your shields hold strong.

Some advice from someone who's painted more shaltari than he is altogether happy with:
You don't have to paint all the dam dots, I've actually dry brushed mine and it gives them a very soft, fragile look. For the love of god paint those flipping things before you assemble them, because holy christ that is annoying to try and minipulate to paint all the tiny bits inside. and you are going to need more void gates.
beyond that: make sure you have a really good glue, as the crusers are very easy to break if you put downward pressure on them. and you don't have to glue a battleship's main gun on, they just push fit.

Overread

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks Eddieddi - when you say paint before assemble do you mean for all the ships including cruisers and frigates or are you just referring to the main battleship?
Previous

Return to General Discussion