It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 pm

New things to come?

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Nobody

Re: New things to come?

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 6:44 am

Lordprinceps wrote:
Nobody wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all if it gains a hull or two, 25 pts, and gets reclassified as a heavy cruiser.

It's already at 12 hull, though. Making it even tougher than any battlecruiser, including the PHR's, and only cost 150 points would make it even more broken than it already is.

You know what, for some reason I thought I read it was only at 10 hull. In that case ignore that portion of it, just increase the price and reclassify it as heavy.

EDIT: IMO, maybe set it to 155, and the Moscow probably should get a price decrease to around 150 if they aren't going to rebalance turrets. I'm not sure how the balancing would work for the PHR heavies to be honest.

wundergoat

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 am

It does not have heavy cruiser firepower, not really. It is beefy, but this game is so lethal anyways that what really matters is the ability to get damage on target, and a lot of damage so it does not shoot back.

Lordprinceps

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 8:39 am

In "overall maximum" firepower, I agree (unless it manages to get double broadsides off, but that's not really an argument).

However, in terms of stand orders firepower, it's straight up superior to everything besides the Saint Pete. It really is a powerful ship, and even the downside of having bloom is easily negated by its armor. It is exceedingly good in the side arcs on weapons free though, which makes sense, given that it's meant to rush in and start brawling.

In any case, though, it's really only the gun heavy cruisers that beat it on maximum damage; the Moscow, the Shenlong, and the Amber, and even then, only slightly.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Lordprinceps wrote:However, in terms of stand orders firepower, it's straight up superior to everything besides the Saint Pete.

And any other BTL ship. :?

Lordprinceps wrote:It is exceedingly good in the side arcs on weapons free though, which makes sense, given that it's meant to rush in and start brawling.

And I made a long post about the issues of side arc firepower compared to front arc one. ;)

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Lordprinceps

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Lorn wrote:And any other BTL ship. :?

Not so, actually! It does out damage everything besides the Saint Pete and the Perth (but that's to be expected, considering that the Perth has the third biggest super weapon in the game)

Lorn wrote:And I made a long post about the issues of side arc firepower compared to front arc one. ;)

Oh, believe me, I know the downsides of side arc firepower, but I think it's still worth mentioning as a positive when it out-damages the Agamemnon in the side arc :lol:
Besides, while not the best, side-arc firepower is useful for some obvious maneuvering and movement.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Lordprinceps wrote:Not so, actually! It does out damage everything besides the Saint Pete and the Perth (but that's to be expected, considering that the Perth has the third biggest super weapon in the game)

You were talking about standard orders, on those the New Cairo and the Berlin deal more against 3+ armour which is the most common cruiser armour type. This only changes against worse armour, but I would argue that at worst we can speak about parity and we are not considering bloom or the flash special rules. Which are both in favour of the BTL ships I mentioned. The Ifrit is also pretty close.

In regards to the arcs I agree that it outshines the other Broadside ships. Though I just wanted to remind that the Centurions firepower is a bit more tricky to apply.

Lordprinceps

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 8:33 pm

While technically true, the standard Cobra beam is only approximately 0.05 average damage better than the Centurion gun against 3+ armor, compared to the 0.15 increase the Centurion gun has for 4+ armor. All in all, it's just a more powerful weapon except for only (very) marginally with that one case, and there's enough 4+ armor targets flying around (Scourge ships, Shaltari ships, UCM light cruisers) that it being every so slightly worse against 3+ doesn't really matter.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Sorry for being pedantic but I fear while the Centurion has issues (balance wise) currently there is a tendency to overreaction. Also the mentioned "soft" factors at least lead to parity for me (Bloom and Flash).

juz

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am

of course the stats are on the upper end of bang for buck- sales for a crap unit would not be as good as sales for a powerful one..."experimental rules" are a good way of hedging ones bets when it gets a nerf in the face. for me +2 armour better than state of the art phr? ouch

Shikatanai

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 am

What bothers me is:
We / you compare it against one of the best ship types in the game. Compare it to other Cruisers (especially when considering PHR) and it is just way better - and it is an exclusive, limited amount / limited time ship. That's the main Problem here imho.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion