Page 4 of 4

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm
by Shikatanai
Lorn wrote:I would argue that for balance it is important if you don´t want to debate that fine.


Overall it is important but imho in this particular case internal balancing is way more important for me because of the exclusiveness of the Ship.

Lorn wrote:Then the better solution would be to make it non-exclusive in combination with a slight balance pass.


I agree... but I don't think that this will happen and in general I'm afraid that all what's happening now points towards the direction TT Combat might take in the future...

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm
by ghostgundam1
If we are talking about new things to come then I think a combined arms rule would be cool. In the book it says that some of the Shaltari tribes are more friendly to humans than others and that they wage war among themselves. It would be awesome if there was a combined arms scenario where you could bring UCM and PHR vs Scourge or UCM and Shaltari vs Shaltari. It would open up a whole new tactical and strategic aspect of the game. :D

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm
by Nobody
Shikatanai wrote:
Lorn wrote:Then the better solution would be to make it non-exclusive in combination with a slight balance pass.


I agree... but I don't think that this will happen and in general I'm afraid that all what's happening now points towards the direction TT Combat might take in the future...



Eh, I wouldn’t be too worried this is a TTCombat thing. The 1.0 rules for the Ferrum had it as not rare, cheaper points cost, and the focus fire rules could be used when attacking everything (including aircraft and buildings). I *think* the AA on the drones could reaction fire too. If you think the Ferrum is a warping influence now...

Dave tends to get a bit excited on first passes of rules

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm
by Lorn
I agree with Nobody, where has been worse balance wise, some of it made it public other stuff was eliminated beforehand both in DFC and DZC.

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 pm
by alchahest
Sorry if I haven't read it anywhere and it's in plain sight, but the "exclusive" part of the new ship isn't that it's limited time, just that it's only being sold in the webstore, isn't it? like it's not something that you can only get at a convention, or win in a tournament, literally anyone can order one, and as far as I know, there aren't plans to discontinue it.

Is there a link that shows a limited time? the only limit I'm aware of is that it was a pre-order up until feb 9

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 pm
by Lordprinceps
alchahest wrote:Sorry if I haven't read it anywhere and it's in plain sight, but the "exclusive" part of the new ship isn't that it's limited time, just that it's only being sold in the webstore, isn't it? like it's not something that you can only get at a convention, or win in a tournament, literally anyone can order one, and as far as I know, there aren't plans to discontinue it.

Is there a link that shows a limited time? the only limit I'm aware of is that it was a pre-order up until feb 9


Nope, it was only sold for that week and will only be sold during major conventions this year, otherwise, last I heard.

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 pm
by Shikatanai
Lorn wrote:I agree with Nobody, where has been worse balance wise, some of it made it public other stuff was eliminated beforehand both in DFC and DZC.


I'm not so concerned about the rules but about the exclusive ship (combined with the rules), and that's something where Hawk previously always stated that exclusive models are just visual variants and not stand alone models with their own rules. Not really sure what path TT Combat will take ;)

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 pm
by BlackLegion
Did you ask TTCombat about this?

Re: New things to come?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:31 am
by juz
I see the point of the Centurion
a) It links current design to upcoming Remnant designs and possibly Kabal designs
b) it gives UCM a viable "tank" to work around.
c) it gives PHR incentives for something other than Bomber and Beam Meta
d) the +2 armour incentivises low lock value, precision weapons as "lots of dice" is currently preferable for spamming atmospheric carriers/gates.
e) was a nice way of marking the partnership of Hawk and TT...

If I was a betting man I'd wager the Centurion archetype is re- released under different names for individual UCM and PHR models as a build options of some kind... This way the availabilty is still there, but not the versatility of using a single model between factions. THIS way TT combat could even get the community to Beta test a whole variety of units over a period of time by releasing a multi purpose UCM/PHR or Remanant/Kabal exclusive , then release the modded individual faction equivalents to allow access to all. not so sure about a " scourgetari " exclusive line..but might prove interesting (Shaltari incorporate StealthCloak tech on a cruiser or Scourge parasitize a Shaltari Ship)