It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Destroyers...if you missed it..13 variants

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Lordprinceps

Re: Destroyers...if you missed it..13 variants

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 3:08 pm

I haven't seen that one yet, is it hidden somewhere on the dropfleet community facebook, or the dropfleet/dropzone facebook, or TTCombat's facebook?

Brutoni

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Lordprinceps wrote:I haven't seen that one yet, is it hidden somewhere on the dropfleet community facebook, or the dropfleet/dropzone facebook, or TTCombat's facebook?

It is in one of the kickstarter updates also. Stand by. Will get you the number.

Brutoni

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Hopefully you can see the image. I can both logged in and out. The ship on the bottom right is the UCM destroyer in question :). Sadly it looks Burnthrough focussed.

Lordprinceps

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Ah, yep, that's the one! I had seen it before, but the update was so long ago I completely forgot about it.
Now I'm curious to see how the different variants for the UCM will work; probably the fronts of the prongs, maybe?

Brutoni

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Lordprinceps wrote:Ah, yep, that's the one! I had seen it before, but the update was so long ago I completely forgot about it.
Now I'm curious to see how the different variants for the UCM will work; probably the fronts of the prongs, maybe?

Isn't that a burnthrough laser in the middle. Tbh, I hope each race gets a viable "shoot into atmosphere" gunship. Would give us a viable short term solution to "dropspam commander, who needs warships in orbit!" until we can get decent rules resolving this aspect of things.

Lordprinceps

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 4:49 pm

I'm thinking that's just its sensor cluster or something, it looks nothing like other UCM burnthroughs. I think the weapons on that particular variant are what looks to be the little missile pods on the inside of the prongs.

Brutoni

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Lordprinceps wrote:I'm thinking that's just its sensor cluster or something, it looks nothing like other UCM burnthroughs. I think the weapons on that particular variant are what looks to be the little missile pods on the inside of the prongs.

Ohhh. You could be right. CAW destroyer. Coupled with Taipei's and Jarkattas. Could be great fun!!

Seems to have quite a few PD weapons also. Perhaps Aegis?

Lordprinceps

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 am

CAW definitely, but I'm not sure about Aegis. Might be a bit too "jack of all trades", and honestly, Aegis coupled with CAW gets insanely powerful, insanely fast, since it negates all but the most powerful return CAW.

As for PD, it looks to have around 18 PD turrets (assuming 3 on the bottom of each side prong), so I'd put it somewhere around 4 PD, probably. No higher, because UCM cruisers have something like 40 total and are only at 5 PD.

snuggles05

Previous

Return to General Discussion