It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:48 am

Destroyers!

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Lordprinceps

Destroyers!

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 4:50 pm

So, someone has just posted destroyer pics on the Dropfleet Community facebook page, and based on initial observation, we've got the following.

Link to the post

All three UCM destroyers have some amount of CAW; one has a torpedo, one looks to have extra CAW and engines (maybe some other system too), and one has an unknown system, possibly a hangar bay.

All three Scourge destroyers have occulus weapons and CAW; one seems to have a stealth/cloak crest and hangar bays, one has an unknown prow weapon and what looks to be extra PD, and one has a different unknown prow weapon. Possibly maulers, or variants on furnace cannons?

PHR destroyer seems to have only one main hull, but with two different sets of wings, both of which seem to have different weapons systems. One set of wings looks to have either (very light, probably) BTL's, or more likely, some kind of cannon. The other set might also possibly have some guns, but also looks to have some missile tubes for CAW. Additionally, there's two prow mounts, a massive turreted cannon and what looks to be a troop bay.

Shaltari all seem to have some amount of microwave guns on them. Two of them have unknown main weapons (one long looking weapon, and one triple short barreled weapon), but the third looks like it has a smaller mothership core instead.

Thoughts?

Brutoni

Re: Destroyers!

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Really like the Scourge designs. Look exceptionally lethal. Can see them winning the most asthetically pleasing award as further pictures are released. Also... a stealth destroyer... yes please!!

Shaltari look terrible IMHO. Not really got much to say about them.

PHR... no comment. Not enough decent pictures and it isn't assembled anywhere near well rnough.

UCM destroyers look excellent with some fun options. Quite excited by the Torpedo destroyer and how that might play out. A cheap and fast Torpedo delivery system might be great fun to use. Especially if destroyers keep Tonnage: L. A pair would be low SR, fast and able to fire off ordnance very early. Potential for double tap. Shaltati motherships may have to watch out :lol:

Lordprinceps

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 5:12 pm

I definitely like how the Scourge are looking, definitely, and the thought of a stealth carrier is pretty great!

Shaltari look to be very underpainted/unfinished, so I'm withholding my final judgement until Salute when they'll (hopefully) be fully done! The one in the foreground seems to have its top bit taken off, but overall, I like their designs. Really excited if the one in the back really does turn out to be a light mothership!

Same for the PHR, but them actually getting some decent F arc firepower on something that isn't ludicrously expensive is going to be great. I'm curious as to what's mounted on the wings, though.

I'm very interested to see what the horizontal destroyer has, though! I'm not sure if the trilateral one is basically just a super-Taipei either, or if its got something interesting in its center.

Brutoni

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 5:24 pm

True enough. PHR one might give us some more interesting drop options as well. Some sort of Fusilade F based firepower could also be great fun haha.

Overall I'm hoping 1 of all the variants is a decent strike carrier hunter. Something that makes opponents reconsider strike carrier spam owing to the sheer firepower it kicks out at range. Help bring troopships and an appropriate warship/dropship ratio back into play.

Lordprinceps

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Maybe the PHR bit that kind of looks like troopship doors are actually for anti-atmos bombs or something? I'm thinking it might be a light troopship module (as if the PHR needed even more troop capacity), but that's the only other possibility I can think of.

I'm also wondering what the broad, short fins on that one Scourge destroyer are for; it looks like they have PD beamers on them, but that can't be their only reason for being there.

Brutoni

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Lordprinceps wrote:Maybe the PHR bit that kind of looks like troopship doors are actually for anti-atmos bombs or something? I'm thinking it might be a light troopship module (as if the PHR needed even more troop capacity), but that's the only other possibility I can think of.

I'm also wondering what the broad, short fins on that one Scourge destroyer are for; it looks like they have PD beamers on them, but that can't be their only reason for being there.

Some kind of anti-atmosphere weapon would be good that is for sure!

Maybe they are PD beamers and CAW (Beam) in one. A real nasty close in Destroyer variant?

Intruder313

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Can't really see the PHR ones in any of these pics :(

Need far better close ups of each! Hopefully they will appear later today

BlackLegion

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Sharktopus :-D
I love the Scourge design :-)

Brutoni