It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 am

Destroyers!

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

dread2005

Hawk Talon

Re: Destroyers!

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Dheran

your right, but as the Corvettes got introduced, and before this for void gates, there have been changes to the Rules according Tonnage SR and VP.

and in the Rulebook is nothing about Destroyers, there is a Talk about Dreadnoughts and Corvettes, so i think they will can errata this section about Coherency and HP

it would fit better doing Coherency for L ships and M+ instead of a HP cap....

but your right, as the rules are PHR Destroyers cloud be M Hulls, if they get 7 HP....

they could do it the other way... Destroyers are max 6 HP

PHR 6 HP 3+
UCM 5 HP 4+
Scourge 5 HP 5+
Shaltari 4 HP 5+/4+

ist a small range of options between frigates and light cruisers
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Astral Templar

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 1:21 am

Dheran wrote:Rules for Princess Liner are here:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0965/ ... narios.pdf
Link is from TTCombat page, More=>Resources=>Dropfleet Commander Resources=>Princess Liner Scenarios.

Thank you for the help. Both the link and instructions to get there have proven useful.
"There's a horror movie call Alien!? That's offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you." - The Doctor

Intruder313

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 8:15 am

Latest new titbits from TheLotLZ Podcast - a gaming shop owner obtained this info from TTCombat:

Destroyers will cost 40-80 points each
    Tri-Wing UCM confirmed as having 'Atmospheric Scanners' (that will be the central unit) and 'lots of Mass Drivers'
    The Scourge 'Sharktopus' not only has modular upgrades for Stealth and Partial Cloak, but has a Heavy Cruiser-scale weapon

BlackLegion

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 am

Heavy Cruiser scale weapon? Sounds like Occulus Beams with 3 dice damage 2.

_ghost_

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm not sure if I like that modular upgrades...

Intruder313

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 10:36 pm

As my normal Sunday night gaming was cancelled I had to get a gaming fix by mocking up some PHR Destroyer concept stats. Totally unofficial but based on studies of the photographs, minor leaks, existing Stats (for Corvettes, Frigates and the Theseus Light Cruiser), perceived niches and my own darned wish-list :)

My thoughts

Points: probably at very top of the range TTCombat mentioned, so 80 each or close. I kept that mind when 'designing' these. I go more by intuition though than from any real knowledge of the points system so there could be quite a spread really.

I have listed them as two named Classes - defined by the Wing Pods - with the front mount options being Variants A and B of those Classes. In any case it's got to be four different stat blocks to avoid confusing people (so they might just have four different Classes :P)

Reinforced Armour special rule applied so that the PHR can be tougher than other Faction DDs without straying into Hull 7 territory. It's also been noted that some images imply a double layer of armour, or spaced armour. So that either brings us back to Reinforced or a new 'Spaced Armour' Special Rule.

I think the Engine Pods ('Cloudskimmer') not only have what look like Vespa Drone launchers* on them (twice as many as an Echo!) but they are more wing-like in shape and someone else said they had seen air intakes underneath. So I think mounting these will give the DD 'Atmospheric', not just increase Thrust.
Since these wings are broader and there's all that extra engine bloom, these might have the higher Sig I've listed here.
*Bonus Concept: these could be 'Stinger' missiles with anything up to the 8 attacks implied by the model - bear in mind that the UCM Taipei Frigate has D6+4 Close Action without Weapons Free...

Thrust-wise 12" might seem conservative for something with so many large engines: it might actually be a base 9" hull with the Engine Pods increasing this to 15"! I've listed 12" for Echo-balance purposes!

The Gun Pods ('Gunship') I desperately want to mount rapid-fire, non-Burnthrough lasers with a name like 'Pulsar', but people with more knowledge of the background (and Dropzone) have stated they are definately Railguns. If so I think they will be Medium Calibre, but with all the sensors and the forward-mounting I think they will be more accurate than broadsides. For game balance they will need to fire more rapidly: either 2 shots per barrel or make use of Fusillade 1-2.
I am told Destroyers will make good use of Weapons Free order so that's now been factored in.

I think the optional Drop Pod is a Bulk Lander 1 because this places it directly between Strike Carriers and Assault Troopships in maximum Drop AND because to my knowledge only a Bulk Lander can be launched from both Atmo and Low Orbit - and I am quite confident of the Atmospheric capability mentioned above!

Anyway this was fun for me so don't 'Destroy' me with your replies :P
Attachments
PHR Destroyer concepts.JPG
PHR Destroyer concepts.JPG (122.45 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Last edited by Intruder313 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brutoni

PostMon Apr 02, 2018 10:24 am

You've created powerful standard order designs.... despite the stated design intent to be points efficient on Weapons Free as the "base" DD design.

I know they have Fusilade but with linked I think I'd be far less willing to risk WF. Just my 10 cents.

Intruder313

PostMon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am

Brutoni wrote:You've created powerful standard order designs.... despite the stated design intent to be points efficient on Weapons Free as the "base" DD design.

I know they have Fusilade but with linked I think I'd be far less willing to risk WF. Just my 10 cents.

Tweaking then as I had no idea about that titbit of info :)
Previous

Return to General Discussion