It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Losing the Love for DZC Universe...

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

dread2005

Hawk Talon

Losing the Love for DZC Universe...

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 am

I really like the Games of Hawk, i did from the First Day...

Well right now i think its because, maybe just because they where a really new game. It was a nice feeling, that even with the Starter Box of DZC back in 2013 every entry game was a different but very close outcome, you could feel that your decisions lead you to Victory.

What i hate, and this is getting bigger every time i read about it, is the Comm which is always seeking for a deep Game change and a call out "its unbalanced"....

In my understanding a game like this, or most of the Table Tops never are even, balanced... they are to complex it can not be like "chess" maybe close to it but never as perfect...

I want a game, which i can Play... want one which is truly from the designer and not from the big Voice of Comm.... Well i think i just got tired, reading all this flaming about spam lists here and shaltari OP there.

I know its normal, every game goes like this. I know i just should stop reading those post and dont take care...

Well i do like the games even now, and i do like the ones which are from the start more than all the changes since than... i know most of you will not be on my side, honestly i don't care...

just wanted to tell myself, i will fade away from DZC/DFC if the Comm is continuing to force changes like this, but its just me in person, i know this will change nothing and thats okay, because i am one which does not spend as much time as other do with those games!

don't have much time, just want to play and not bother about changes all the time, or the felling of a broken game...
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Gauntlet

Re: Losing the Love for DZC Universe...

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Hey there Dread

Firstly, I'll say, I enjoy reading your posts, and would miss your voice.

Secondly... you seem to have issue with the constant talk about "broken" things, I presume in Dropfleet, and I presume Drop Spam, and the less than totally uplifting conversation about Destroyers.

The game is still the game though, maybe expose yourself to the "meta" conversations less, and take some time to just enjoy the game with friends... ignore the forum for a bit (or the specific areas that are going to talk about this) and facebook (if your using that), and hey... if you can, run a narrative campaign.

Ultimately the game is fun if you don't abuse stuff, and the setting is fantastic. Don't let the talk change the game... the talk is just that.

Eddieddi

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 2:05 pm

I think the issue is that you're looking to much in to the forums and the like. It doesn't help that the forum is dying due to admin issues.
I've found the best solution is this: Play the game how you like it, play the lists you find fun. enjoy the game. And if you want to touch the deeper issues within the game. then dive on to the forum or facebook page and talk about it there. While I agree with you, I really wish some of the balance changes hadn't been made, some of them were needed. the 'deep game change' is something....that is very DFC specific, mostly due to the game mechanics.
The thing is, it is like any tabletop, like you said: It can never really be balanced, and I will agree with you, that imbalance is part of the game and part of the fun. But there is a difference between 'flavor and partly imbalance' and some of the stuff I've bumped in to from time to time.
Stick around man, at least in the game, if not in the forums.

samspace

Hawk Talon

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 pm

I'll admit to close to the same as well.

Not that I don't like the game, love the game, but the community gets to me. I hate this, I hate that. Boo hawk, boo TT. That was dumb, it should have been this.

I know it originates for passion for this game but its exhausting to hear all the time. Why can't people just be happy. Play the game or don't, but don't flood us with comments letting the world know who personally offended you are. Changes will come, new stuff will come that you don't agree with. Typically it all blows over and the changes aren't as big as you thought they would be.

I would say most of it comes from Facebook. I think Facebook tends to magnify this effect.

Gauntlet

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 1:20 am

Because happiness is a lie. Mostly made of dopamine and cake.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 am

its all fine, i just needed to write this down once... ;-7

ill continue to play the game, and stop reading all the new anger against the companies and rules!

you never can make all happy, i know

sometimes i just fear that the Comm will ruin the game, i think its always hard for any business wen to listen or not listen to the Fan base
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 am

sometimes i just fear that the Comm will ruin the game

How so? :roll:

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 am

Well, I can understand the feeling. ;)

There is a very vocal part of the community that might still be a little flustered by the change in management and the issues that came with that.

No matter the reason – whenever new things come out, there is always the “broken” or “imbalanced” scream rippling through the social networks.

These are waves of unhappiness designers need to react to coolly and ride them out. Most of these voices belong to people who loathe changes without ever trying them out first.

The constructive criticism is a lot quieter and belongs to people who sat down to actually test the changes.

It is up to the designers to sift through the noise and find the constructive criticism.

It becomes problematic, if the people responsible scare easily and react too fast to the wrong input.

I think the Hawk team did a good job in the past. Let’s see how TTC does in the future.

@dread2005 don’t take it to heart. It is a little bit like ignoring YouTube comments to keep your faith in mankind :lol:
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Nobody

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 12:34 pm

People are always looking to change the rules of the games they play to make them more fun or balanced in their eyes. I saw it with my first game Battletech decades ago, again in 40K (hell, I think Dakka’s 40k proposed rules forum is old enough to vote), and Fantasy, and Warmachine/Hordes.

No sane designer is going to throw the baby out with the bath water because a rando posted about how much he hated UCM mass drivers, but a good one will notice trends so they can address potential issues. The various changes to Demolition in DZC (including the upcoming rumored nerfs) are a good example of this.

samspace

Hawk Talon

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 pm

It may just be a symptom any game receives by growing to a certain size. Perhaps its just a admin issue.

It is nice to Andy Chambers commenting on the facebook page.
Next

Return to General Discussion