It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 am

Attack rolls simulator

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Sachiel

Attack rolls simulator

PostWed Jun 27, 2018 2:13 am

Hi everybody,

I published a beta version of a simulator for attack and damage rolls. Let me know of any bug or suggestion!

https://dfcsim.cub3.net

Sample run: https://imgur.com/a/4v3lECs

Lordprinceps

Re: Attack rolls simulator

PostWed Jun 27, 2018 2:21 am

Very nice! Only suggestions as of now are some more data visualization, including:

Weapon mean / variance
Cumulative / "do at least this much damage" graph
Raw data table in addition to graph

Sachiel

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 pm

I was wondering... is it clear how the website works? You need to click on the green button (the one with a graph on it) to start and plot the simulations result. Then you click it again to make changes. Or just add new simulations.

Each simulation can be edited/plotted independently.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 am

That was not clear immediately but since there is little else to click a bit of try and error makes that clear rather swiftly.

So far it looks good, in particular for the BTL this is a welcome addition as those are a pain to calculate. Have you posted a link to this on the TT-Combat website? Developers tend to be more open to math they do not have to calculate (or at least not to much).

Good work but I second Lordprinceps that it could be easier to analyse if the data visualization was not only the graph.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Sachiel

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 1:28 am

Lorn wrote:Have you posted a link to this on the TT-Combat website? Developers tend to be more open to math they do not have to calculate (or at least not to much).

What do you mean? Contacting them directly?

Lorn wrote:Good work but I second Lordprinceps that it could be easier to analyse if the data visualization was not only the graph.

Taking note of that, thanks! Just in case: if you hover with your mouse over the graph it will give you the exact values of each data point.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 7:54 am

Sachiel wrote:What do you mean? Contacting them directly?

Frankly yes, and/or post a link on face book (sorry if you have done so already). Tools such as these make some discussions over weapon damage more accessible to both players and developers. I can assure you that calculating BTL by hand is a pain.

Sachiel

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 12:06 am

I mentioned their account on the Twitter announcement (both TTCombat and Hawk Wargames), but never received any interaction from them (response, retweet or fav).

I also announced it on the biggest Facebook Dropfleet Community I found, but I have no idea about if they follow that.

I expected that putting it in this forum would also help to get their attention :P.

Tim

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 2:34 pm

It'd be nice to have an average damage (probability(damage)* damage) summary to go with each simulation too :)

Nice work!

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

fantastic tool

now i can show all that the Beijing Mass Driver is better then the BTL! ^^

against a 4+ Armor the MD6 is at 3.8% doing 1 or more DMG while the BTL does at 6.3% 1 or more DMG
so the Massdriver performed almost double as good, on average

sure at 3+ armor the BTL gehts better, but the massdriver gehts a lot better at 5+ armor

Armor 4+
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm

@Dread

Now we can look at the number of Ships that have 3+, 4+ and 5+ Armour. ;) Also you do your argument a disfavour by ignoring shields, as with those the BTL damage drops off significantly while the "normal" weapon systems are less affected.

Also one of your statements is simply false, the Beijing Massdriver does not
almost double as good, on average
it´s damage against 4+ armour ships is 3 on average.
While the Cobra Laser does an average of 2,85. So around 5% more.
For 3+ armour those values change to 2,67 for the Massdriver from the Beijing and 2,71 for the Cobra BTL.

If you are referring to 50% of the cases you should rephrase your statement, lastly I think this is not really a fair comparison as the BTLs tend to spikes at both extremes. Furthermore this is mostly relevant in cases where ships are reduced to 1 or maybe 2 Hull, while on "fresh" or healthier targets the average damage is far more important.

I would argue that for those target types both weapons are quite similar with maybe a small advantage for the Beijing mass driver, if we also consider fire arcs, Flash and the high chance that the BTL does 0 damage.
Even for 5+ armour the difference is only 3,33 against 3 in favour of the mass driver so +11% as I mentioned earlier the bigger difference exists in regards to shields.
There the Cobra damage drops to 1,65 while the Beijing Massdriver only drops to 2 which yields a 17,5% increase.

Considering the Cobra Laser is a Cruiser sized weapon it is holding up rather well with the Battleship sized Mass driver Battery.

We could know be mean and compare the Beijing Massdriver with the Viper Laser which gives us:

5+ Armour: Viper 5,35 / 6 Dice Massdriver 3,33
4+ Armour: Viper 5,1 / 6 Dice Massdriver 3
3+ Armour: Viper 4,84 / 6 Dice Massdriver 2,67
4+ Passive: Viper 2,93 / 6 Dice Massdriver 2

While never twice as high as the Massdriver we see an increase in damage between 46,5% and 81,3%.

Next

Return to General Discussion