It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:38 am

Battlecuiser assembly

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Battlecuiser assembly

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 4:04 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:Does it make Hawk a terrible company that deserves to go out of business because they made this mistake? Of course not.

Does it affect my ability to pay my mortgage, put food on the table, gas in my car or pay for my health care? Not at all. Hence, I'm not bothered by it.

I never said that! In fact this is about the opposite. If they only hear sunshine and roses about their games and service they will never know there are disgruntled people out there. I have a couple in my area that don't post anywhere but bad mouth Hawk to people in the game store since they don't have their pledge yet. I do my best as a Talon to do damage control but I can't be everywhere all the time and am a poor example since I don't have my stuff either.

I want Hawk to succeed but that means they have to fix their problems or at least address them. They have been doing a much better job of that the last few weeks but reminding them to double check when they release something that they actually have all the parts included in the kit doesn't seem out of place.

It doesn't effect me personally any way other than limit my free time activities since I can't play the game or build the models yet but that is hardly relevant either. Text is hard to convey meaning with but I'm not ranting and raving or foaming at the mouth over this. Just concerned that my favourite game company is pissing people off and disappointing others over something that should never have passed any form of QA.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 am

Didn't mean to imply that you said anything like that. But others, both here and on FB, have been incredibly vitriolic about recent events, to the point where they just seem to be on a witch hunt, out to damage the company in any way they can -- lots of malice and spite, all over bits of plastic.

But I know you're not reacting that way, and that as a Talon you're working to promote the games -- sorry, an unfortunate "roll over" from the sentence before the ones you quoted, without an appropriate break. Was going to quote someone else just before what you've quoted here from me, to provide a logical break, but decided not to at the last minute. Wish I had now... :oops:
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

fiddlerboy

PostSat May 13, 2017 7:09 am

Resurrecting this thread, since I've started assembling my Avalon and noticed that I'd be missing some of the antennas, and would have to go scrounging for turrets. Has anyone received any followup on this topic from Hawk? I'll email them too, but figured I'd check here first.
Previous

Return to General Discussion