It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 am

Battlecuiser assembly

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Decoys

Battlecuiser assembly

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Does anyone know if there are any assembly instructions for the battlecruisers. Also with the scourge one with the parts from the kickstarter can you do either battlecruiser it just looks like replacing the side special bits for the generic close assault weapons. If so maybe I could just magnetise the top bit.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Battlecuiser assembly

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 2:09 pm

There are no instructions for any although they are pretty strait forward for the most part. The Shaltari needs two cruiser sprues. PHR uses only two resin wings (bottom I think but may be wrong). UCM can only build the one type while all others can do either.

You are correct that if you want a Manticore (no book handy so I hope I got the name right) you just use normal CAW bits and add the top part.

Klarg1

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

The only BC I've examined closely is the Scourge one. It's resin parts are direct 1-for-1 replacements for the regular plastic parts (The top of the hull, and the two "cheek" weapon emplacements). A quick glance at one of the UCM battlecruisers looks like it works similarly.

I did note that a lot of the resin I have has some pretty significant warping and large pour stubs to be corrected before assembly, which makes them much trickier than the basic plastics.
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

Lyraeus

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:There are no instructions for any although they are pretty strait forward for the most part. The Shaltari needs two cruiser sprues. PHR uses only two resin wings (bottom I think but may be wrong). UCM can only build the one type while all others can do either.

You are correct that if you want a Manticore (no book handy so I hope I got the name right) you just use normal CAW bits and add the top part.

PHR does use only one of the 2 sets (you can mail the second set to me)

It is indeed the Manticore.
Remember to check my Blog out at http://thehotlz.blogspot.com/

If you are on Facebook check out my Page https://www.facebook.com/thehotlz/ where I post all my articles videos, and do contests and events!

Bohica

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 am

I'm confused about the Shaltari battle cruiser build. Can someone steer me in the direction of some pictures of completed battlecruisers that are from different angles to those in the rule book. Thanks.

GodHead

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 6:23 am

The UCM battlecruisers need two '6' components off of the sprue.

The little 2 pronged skyline bit.

There is only one on each sprue.

Where the heck do we get the second one from?

Bengt

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 6:47 am

GodHead wrote:The UCM battlecruisers need two '6' components off of the sprue.

The little 2 pronged skyline bit.

There is only one on each sprue.

Where the heck do we get the second one from?

There are similar stuff on one of the frigate engine/superstructure bits, the one you get four of but isn't used for New Orleans so you should have some spares. So I cut of a part of that and trimmed it to fit on the underside as that is less visible than the forward one. The troop ship pod also have similar stuff on it.

GodHead

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 7:02 am

That's so stupid.

I didn't order '90% of a Kickstarter exclusive battlecruiser.'

If they need the component, it should bloody well come with it. We should be able to assemble all the ships properly without having to hack up parts from an unrelated sprue.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 3:34 pm

GodHead wrote:That's so stupid.

I didn't order '90% of a Kickstarter exclusive battlecruiser.'

If they need the component, it should bloody well come with it. We should be able to assemble all the ships properly without having to hack up parts from an unrelated sprue.

I agree. Its actually one of the only things Im actually mad about. Other stuff is annoying and disapointing. Not being able to build a complete kit is a big oversight that has nothing to do with unexpected logistics.

nekomata

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Before coming on to the forum to rant about not ordering 90% of a battlecruiser, did you fire off an email to notify Hawk of missing a component? I did, and they've said that they'll send out the missing parts. (Granted, the missing parts will not be sent out until Hawk have more or less finished with shipping out pledges, but we will get them.)

As is, the UCM battleship contains a resin sprue that contains 2 of the component in question, so I suspect they've missed putting one of them in with each battlecruiser.
Next

Return to General Discussion