It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Battlecuiser assembly

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Battlecuiser assembly

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 6:32 pm

So the Avalon was supposed to have a resin bit with a copy of antenna 6 from the plastic kit nekomata? I ask seriously as I had not heard that before.

Edit: Another question, does the Avalon come with resin turrets too? If not I will be short 2 when my order arrives based on planned fleet builds.

GodHead

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 7:47 pm

The cruiser sprue has only one component 6.

It's the tiniest of the pieces, with only 2 pieces sticking out. It's the piece that goes on the bottom nose piece on the ships. It's just that the BC's use one on the nose and need one on the bottom, on the resin bit.

I understand not including a whole sprue for the single tiniest component in the entire thing, but if it was designed to require that component, it should have been accounted for somehow.

I was shocked that the Shaltari BC's each came with a full extra sprue because they each use 2 full sets of the arms (component 2 on the Shaltari Cruiser sprue), so why wasn't the same forethought given to the UCM?

mydogbarks

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 8:49 pm

Actually I did email hawk about the missing pieces from my battleship order. Almost 2 weeks no response. Still waiting for Lt KS pledge. Nothing but crickets on that as well.

Brunius

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:So the Avalon was supposed to have a resin bit with a copy of antenna 6 from the plastic kit nekomata? I ask seriously as I had not heard that before.

Edit: Another question, does the Avalon come with resin turrets too? If not I will be short 2 when my order arrives based on planned fleet builds.

It does not come with resin turrets. That's a lot of mass drivers, if you won't have any spare!

nekomata

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 12:13 am

I suspect they messed up on the initial design by requiring 2 of a part that only occurs once on the cruiser sprue. The do however have a resin sprue that contains 2 of the part in question, along with 3 of a different antenna part, so they do have an easy fix. What's more, when I asked about it they have said that they're going to send out the missing part.

Trying to make out that Hawk are deliberately trying to fob off backers with an incomplete battlecruiser when all signs point to a (very inconspicuous) mistake slipping through the cracks and Hawk is happy to fix said mistake is completely unscrupulous.

If you're concerned about being short of turrets, that would be another good thing to raise with them. I didn't notice it myself because it's a common item to have spares of (from carriers and light cruisers). Again, if you're short I'm sure they'll be able to fix it for you.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 12:43 am

Im not too worried that they will fix it eventually. Im upset a special edition ship was sent out to everyone I have seen post so far without the parts needed to make it. I have seen no evidence of a resin sprue with extra turrets or antenna which is why I ask where that info came from. Hopefully since my pledge has not shipped yet when they pack it I will have those resin bits and not have to wait like other people have.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 4:04 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:Im not too worried that they will fix it eventually. Im upset a special edition ship was sent out to everyone I have seen post so far without the parts needed to make it. I have seen no evidence of a resin sprue with extra turrets or antenna which is why I ask where that info came from. Hopefully since my pledge has not shipped yet when they pack it I will have those resin bits and not have to wait like other people have.

Your pledge is packed already, most likely, unless you're one of the Lost Boys, in which case, I doubt they'll break their procedure and throw that piece in.

Do you know which piece they're referring to? Have you seen it? You don't notice that it's missing!

Seriously, folks, I used the one #6 for the spot on the bottom of my Atlantis, and didn't even notice that it had a slot for it at the front, because the normal spot on the front of the cruiser where it normally goes gets covered up by the resin piece that makes it a Battlecruiser, so, really, it's a whole lotta whining for whining's sake, if you ask me.

C'mon, folks, this isn't as big of a deal as some of you are trying to make it out as... :roll:

Yes, technically it's a "missing part", but it's so trivial, and not integral to the design, as to be a truly petty thing to be complaining about so much... It's absence in no way detracts from the aesthetic of either Battlecruiser...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

GodHead

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 am

You've messed yours up then, because the front of the battlecruiser piece has a spot for a number 6 component, exactly the same as the cruiser.

For reference, here's what we are talking about:

See that bit on the right, on the very front of the ship?

It's the same damn piece as the one that is just aft of the last set of guns. If you didn't attach both, you don't have a complete ship.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 am

Yes, I know what piece you're referring to. I just don't miss it, don't care that I didn't get a second one for my Kickstarter-exclusive battlecruisers (although will be thrilled if they do send them out later), and don't think it should be made into a Federal case. It's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I don't in any way feel that my ship is "incomplete" without this itty bitty little piece.

Now, if I had been missing one of the carrier launch bay covers, then I would consider that a significant matter. But I've also had enough dealings with Hawk customer service to know that, upon request, they always replace a missing or miscast part, without question. It might take several weeks to get it, but I've always gotten a replacement part in the mail when I've asked, so it's not worth getting all worked up into a lather over it.

But if it upsets you so that you didn't get this piece initially, haven't gotten a replacement yet, and/or haven't received a communication yet regarding a replacement, then by all means, get lathered up! I've just got bigger issues to be bothered by...

It's just not that big of a deal. At all.

Said my peace... :)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 6:56 am

GodHead wrote:You've messed yours up then,...

...If you didn't attach both, you don't have a complete ship.

Does that disqualify me for anything? Will I not be allowed to play with this plastic-and-resin toy ship since I don't have it?

:roll:

:lol:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion