It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 am

Battlecuiser assembly

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Tauwolf

Hawk Talon

Re: Battlecuiser assembly

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 7:08 am

GodHead wrote:You've messed yours up then ..... If you didn't attach both, you don't have a complete ship.

(actually, I'm quite sure this doesn't matter in the slightest)

Bengt

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 am

So there exists a resin sprue of extras? I just assumed the kit was a little shoddy and converted my way out of it instead of getting angry. After over 25 years of model kits I don't expect them all to be perfect I guess and just get on with things. :)

If you are only going to use the one you get I think it would look nicer to put it on the front and leave the bottom empty, but that is obviously in the eyes of the beholder. :)

GodHead

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 8:01 am

I don't understand the people on this forum who are willing to accept an incomplete product. For those of you asking if it would be tournament legal, sure it will. It will just look stupid and unfinished. Especially for those who put it on the bottom instead of the front because the plastic nose "gets covered up by the resin piece that makes it a Battlecruiser." :lol: Yours will look worst of all.

I acknowledge it is a small piece. That doesn't mean Hawk doesn't have to put it in the box.

It is a small piece of a £14 miniature.

Did I buy an Avalon and an Atlantis, or just most of them?

westman

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 am

GodHead wrote:The UCM battlecruisers need two '6' components off of the sprue.

The little 2 pronged skyline bit.

There is only one on each sprue.

Where the heck do we get the second one from?

Where do you put the 2nd one..? I only spotted the need to put part 6 at the front of the new prolonged BC nose resin part instead of the main hull plastic part.

Edit: just saw on pg2 that you showed it attached aft of the last set of mass drivers. I personally don't feel it makes much difference, but I agree it seems a mistake to not provide the full kit.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 2:19 pm

I can fix it no problem that isn't the issue. I know models have mould lines and miscasts and all sorts of things that need work. I've got 22 years in the hobby myself. My issue is that you don't sell a model without the parts to build it. As if stands if all I purchased was an Avalon I would be missing one antenna and two turrets. Thats pretty shitty and not something I could easily fix if I was getting it as a display piece and didnt want any other UCM ships. If they said by the way you need a small fleet of UCM ships and must build certain classes only and pay full price for a ship that will never look like the box since you also need to kitbash the bottom antenna how many people would have thought twice before ordering multiple like I did?

I still dont have a pledge or any indication it has been packed. While sad I'm understanding and not too worried about it. I said before this is the only thing Im upset about all KS as you can see from my avatar I really like the Avalon (the Berlin got me into Hawk products both DZC and DFC). By not selling a complete kit either by resin addons or just like the Shaltari include another sprue they have made me feel a bit ripped off. Not the end of the world or anything but its the one thing that stands out as them not paying attetion to the product vs running into unknown logistics problems.

drachnien

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote: As if stands if all I purchased was an Avalon I would be missing one antenna and two turrets.

it wasn't possible to just buy one battlecruiser so that.s a non issue. The retail version will be a different model so this wont be the case at retail. As others have said before, if you miss the parts email them about them and they'll arrange to send them out to you. problem solved.

unrelated to the UCM people one thing worth noting is the PHR ones, check the fit, check it again and then check it again.
mine had an almost imperceptible bend in the main resin hull piece that was only noticeable when lined up against the plastic. it meant that I could line up the front and back but then there was a difference in how the weapons on the two sides ended up looking.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 3:36 pm

I could have purchased a Lt with a different race than UCM and would be able to build one complete Avalon. If I got two for some reason I would be outta luck for building number 2. My point has never been than the problem is unfixable but rather it exists at all. Bent resin is normal as are mispacks, never including parts is not.

GodHead

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Yeah, for any resin miniature, you will want typically want to reshape them a bit. It almost always gets bent/misshapen during casting and transport.

Bengt

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Heh, the resin part of my Avalon was very noticeably bent, the tails of the Atlantis hangar bays were also bent, and both my Shaltari battlecruiser bodies were crooked, one by a bit and one very apparent. I spent much more time giving hot water treatments than I did fixing up extra antennas. In a way my general annoyance about resin (Is it really impossible manufacture stuff from this material that doesn't warp? I have 10 Raven/Falcon and the main body of every single one was bent to various degrees just behind the crew compartment.) drowned out the annoyance over the missing antenna by a good margin.

drachnien

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Bengt wrote:Heh, the resin part of my Avalon was very noticeably bent, the tails of the Atlantis hangar bays were also bent, and both my Shaltari battlecruiser bodies were crooked, one by a bit and one very apparent. I spent much more time giving hot water treatments than I did fixing up extra antennas. In a way my general annoyance about resin (Is it really impossible manufacture stuff from this material that doesn't warp? I have 10 Raven/Falcon and the main body of every single one was bent to various degrees just behind the crew compartment.) drowned out the annoyance over the missing antenna by a good margin.

Problem is it can and does warp in shipping, storage etc, think of the temp changes a parcel goes through going from A to B
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion