It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:36 am

Battlecuiser assembly

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

westman

Re: Battlecuiser assembly

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:I can fix it no problem that isn't the issue. I know models have mould lines and miscasts and all sorts of things that need work. I've got 22 years in the hobby myself. My issue is that you don't sell a model without the parts to build it. As if stands if all I purchased was an Avalon I would be missing one antenna and two turrets. Thats pretty shitty and not something I could easily fix if I was getting it as a display piece and didnt want any other UCM ships. If they said by the way you need a small fleet of UCM ships and must build certain classes only and pay full price for a ship that will never look like the box since you also need to kitbash the bottom antenna how many people would have thought twice before ordering multiple like I did?

I still dont have a pledge or any indication it has been packed. While sad I'm understanding and not too worried about it. I said before this is the only thing Im upset about all KS as you can see from my avatar I really like the Avalon (the Berlin got me into Hawk products both DZC and DFC). By not selling a complete kit either by resin addons or just like the Shaltari include another sprue they have made me feel a bit ripped off. Not the end of the world or anything but its the one thing that stands out as them not paying attetion to the product vs running into unknown logistics problems.

I feel you, hope your pledge arrives soon. By the way I too really like the burnthrough lasers, they are badass. I've only played one game so far, but judging from that they are also pretty lethal in the game.

Bengt wrote:Heh, the resin part of my Avalon was very noticeably bent, the tails of the Atlantis hangar bays were also bent, and both my Shaltari battlecruiser bodies were crooked, one by a bit and one very apparent. I spent much more time giving hot water treatments than I did fixing up extra antennas. In a way my general annoyance about resin (Is it really impossible manufacture stuff from this material that doesn't warp? I have 10 Raven/Falcon and the main body of every single one was bent to various degrees just behind the crew compartment.) drowned out the annoyance over the missing antenna by a good margin.

+1

Both on the Falcon/Ravens comment but more generally Resin. Not complaining about Hawk though as their resin is the best I've worked with, and a dream compared to say Forge World resin. I just don't like resin in general. I'm actually contemplating not buying anything not plastic in the future as I'm so tired of warped parts with 3d fit problems that are not easily bent back. Problem is it would keep my paws off of some sweet models/games so I probably couldn't stick with that policy in the long run. :)

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 6:26 am

GodHead wrote:I don't understand the people on this forum who are willing to accept an incomplete product. For those of you asking if it would be tournament legal, sure it will. It will just look stupid and unfinished. Especially for those who put it on the bottom instead of the front because the plastic nose "gets covered up by the resin piece that makes it a Battlecruiser." :lol: Yours will look worst of all.

:lol:

You crack me up... :lol:

Don't care.

:roll:

So they made a mistake. It happens. Get over it. Move on. Actually play the game. It's fun. Enjoy life for a change. Don't be so critical of others -- glass houses, and all that.

@CotW: You'll feel better when your pledge arrives, dude. ;)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

GodHead

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am

So they made a mistake. It happens. Get over it. Move on. Actually play the game. It's fun. Enjoy life for a change. Don't be so critical of others -- glass houses, and all that.

I enjoy life just fine. I'm not going to ignore a mistake in a product I purchased until the manufacturer fixes it.

Given the money spent, and the delays and the fact that my order came with 0 of the maps that I ordered {not even the basic game maps) despite buying ALL of them (£65), and all the spelling and grammar and logic errors in the rulebook ("Traffic JamEs and Ship Placement"), it's not like this Kickstarter has generated any amount of goodwill in my opinion of Hawk Wargames. I like their miniatures. I've got a lot of DZC stuff. But they certainly haven't earned me cutting them any slack.

This is just one more little annoyance that their customers shouldn't have to deal with.

I've already admitted the part is tiny. It should have been included in the baggie, or it should have been designed to not require it.

drachnien

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 9:38 am

GodHead wrote:
I enjoy life just fine. I'm not going to ignore a mistake in a product I purchased until the manufacturer fixes it....

So you've contacted them and are awaiting replacements I assume? No need to keep hating on about it then is there. :)

It'll get resolved

GodHead

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 am

Sure, I emailed them. No response yet because so many other people are emailing about problems with their orders.

drachnien

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 am

great, :) problem solved then :)

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 3:42 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:So they made a mistake. It happens. Get over it. Move on. Actually play the game. It's fun. Enjoy life for a change. Don't be so critical of others -- glass houses, and all that.

@CotW: You'll feel better when your pledge arrives, dude. ;)

I agree it's just this mistake wasn't one from KS pressures or anything like that. I'm sure if GW had a special edition Apothecary released and when you got the model it was missing the light on the backpack and was missing its bolt pistol people would not be defending the company and telling you to use your bitz box because of course a marine player has a ton of those things spare. I don't want to have to make an email request for missing parts on a model I haven't received yet because they didn't put the parts in the box. I've still waiting for my pledge and waiting another couple weeks (months?) to get my full Avalon kits isn't improving my mood on the matter.

I've gone on far too long on this topic now anyway (I did say it's my one big itch) but I must sympathize with those upset with the KS a bit more now since it seems true you can't post anything negative without being jumped on. I'm sure I won't be as concerned about some turrets and antennas once I can actually play a real game but until then its back to the rulebook and finding more FAQs to argue about :lol:

You can see from most of my posts here and on Facebook (Chris Doyle) that I am happy with the game. I was able to scrounge up the cash for a retail starter and am loving the models and game play. This will easily be my favourite game once I can actually start playing it and I even have a DFC only group near my area so I won't need to commute a hour each way to play Hawk games. I'm doing my best to keep that positive attitude despite the delays in getting my stuff, just let me have my one rant :twisted: :lol:

PS If Dave and Andy want me to stop tearing apart the rules in detail and adding to my FAQ Errata collection they need to send me my pledge to distract me with shiny models :lol:

nekomata

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:I have seen no evidence of a resin sprue with extra turrets or antenna which is why I ask where that info came from.

The antenna sprue I was talking about comes with the UCM Battleship - I have it in front of me at this moment. The sprue in question comes with 2x part 6 and 3x part 5. There is also another sprue with 2x part 4 and 2x part 3.
With regards to an extra turret sprue, the BB also comes with several of these: one with 4x part 17, one with 3x part 18 and one with 3x part 21.

In short, it should be trivial for Hawk to replace any of these parts without having to ship out entire cruiser sprues, and I have every confidence that they will do.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 pm

nekomata wrote:
Cry of the Wind wrote:I have seen no evidence of a resin sprue with extra turrets or antenna which is why I ask where that info came from.

The antenna sprue I was talking about comes with the UCM Battleship - I have it in front of me at this moment. The sprue in question comes with 2x part 6 and 3x part 5. There is also another sprue with 2x part 4 and 2x part 3.
With regards to an extra turret sprue, the BB also comes with several of these: one with 4x part 17, one with 3x part 18 and one with 3x part 21.

In short, it should be trivial for Hawk to replace any of these parts without having to ship out entire cruiser sprues, and I have every confidence that they will do.

Well that part is good to know. I have not heard about anyone getting these parts with their ships or after yet however. Still wish I didnt have to wait twice for my models.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 8:32 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:
nekomata wrote:

Well that part is good to know. I have not heard about anyone getting these parts with their ships or after yet however. Still wish I didnt have to wait twice for my models.

I never said they shouldn't correct the mistake. With this it seems they have a ready means to do so. I know they monitor these forums, so I'm sure the issue will get noticed.

Does it suck that you have to wait for the last, extra part for your model to be complete? Or that you might have to ask for it, rather than the model coming with all of its parts in the first place? Sure, it does.

Does it make Hawk a terrible company that deserves to go out of business because they made this mistake? Of course not.

Does it affect my ability to pay my mortgage, put food on the table, gas in my car or pay for my health care? Not at all. Hence, I'm not bothered by it.

And I know Hawk have bigger fish to fry at the moment, namely getting the rest of the pledges to people who haven't gotten theirs yet, then getting all of us the items that were missing from all of our packages, replacing damaged and other missing items, and getting stock levels of both Dropfleet and Dropzone back up to where they should be at the distributors worldwide. And just getting back to running the business as usual. And probably catching up on a lot of lost sleep, getting their diets and overall health back to where they should be, and moving out of the apartment in Birmingham that they've been living in for months and putting things back in order at their own homes back in London. To name a few. Oh, and then Invasion is in a little over a month, and the LVO is the weekend after that, then the regular round of shows and cons starts up after that... But I'm sure they'll get around to addressing this issue eventually. In the meantime, life goes on...

And I was serious when I said you'd feel better when your pledge arrives. Really, you'll feel a lot better! So much plastic! :)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion