It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:45 am

Ship Name Stickers

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Son of Menoth

Ship Name Stickers

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm

I know this has been brought up before, but I don't want to be accused of Threadomancy, but I think I have figure out the whole sticker thing. However, I don't think the other threads when anywhere beyond asking, so here goes...

Measuring, I found:
Large Base stickers have an outer diameter of 44mm and an inner diameter of 33mm.
Small Base stickers have an outer diameter of 34mm and an inner diameter of 27mm.
I made some stickers that are a 41 degree arc and they match up perfectly with the large stickers, but the 41 degree arc for small stickers seems a little short. I haven't tested them on the bases yet, but I did overlay some of the blank stickers and I believe they should work.

There are 40 Large stickers and 62 Small stickers. BE WARNED: This file is .indd and it is set up for 8.5 by 11 paper.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0zM7 ... 1NLQjNKTjg

My suggestion is to get the full-page adhesive sheet to print them.

I am going to test some tonight and if they work on proper bases, then I am going to make one with inverted colors.

Yvain

Re: Ship Name Stickers

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 11:35 pm

I don't now how to open these.

Son of Menoth

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 12:44 am

It's an Adobe InDesign file, so it can be opened in Illustrator or InDesign. If you can't open it, post the names you want, white or black labels (or any color really) and I will put them into a PDF format.

I will do this for anyone who asks, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Sweet, thank you!

*Edit: I was a little bit confused by the ship name: "Morning Glory" until I realized I overlooked the "u" in "Mourning" :oops:
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Son of Menoth

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Ljevid wrote:Sweet, thank you!

*Edit: I was a little bit confused by the ship name: "Morning Glory" until I realized I overlooked the "u" in "Mourning" :oops:

My UCM is going to have a piratical bent to their names and I felt like it was a good play on words.

The Mad Hatter

PostSun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Is it possible to save these in an older version of InDesign? I have CS6, and it says yours is being saved with a newer version (therefore I can't open it).

Would like to have some templates to name my ships!

Thanks.

Son of Menoth

PostTue May 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Let me know if this works:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0zM7U ... sp=sharing
If you can't open it for whatever reason, send me the names and I can add them on my end and upload a PDF.

A couple of things:
1] They don't fit exactly perfect, but they don't look too bad if you properly adjust them.
2] If you leave them white, make sure to trim off the border, or f you go black w/white text, remove the border.
3] The Frigate bases need a little extra trimmed off of each side, so don't make their names too long.

Return to General Discussion