It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Kickstarter emails

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Crimsonwraith

Re: Kickstarter emails

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 am

Hawk sent me an email today saying my stuff is waiting for wave two. Maybe I'm just super lucky.
Warchief of the Nazca Tribe

Check out my blog at http://crimsonwraiths.blogspot.com

drachnien

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 3:02 pm

no I've not gotten the missing parts yet but to be honest I wasn't rushing to get it as it's only the resin parts for the avalon and I've FAR to much to be making as it is. I can understand it's more an issue for others especially if it's something like the rulebook though.

Crimsonwraith

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 3:56 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:
Crimsonwraith wrote:Heads up for anybody waiting on stuff missing from the first wave. It ain't coming. Hawk has decided to include it with the second wave of kickstarters instead. So, if you're like me, and missing the rulebook, I guess that's just too bad.

Incorrect.

Hawk Liam wrote:Just to clarify, the missing items from pledges won't be held until the 2nd wave. They are going out in batches right now!

Hmmmm.... looks like I WAS correct on this. Super special since my missing stuff was waiting for a wave where I don't get anything. Before it was irritating. Now it's a slap in the face. Thank goodness for 8th.

Nobody

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Kickstarter Backer Update - Wave 2
Posted by Hawk Wargames (Creator)
Dear Backers
We have had a lot of things happened since our last update, which we are aware was too long ago. Firstly, and not to draw this out any more, Wave 2.

WAVE 2
We will be dispatching wave 2 of the Kickstarter over the next 2-3 weeks. This will be shipped by Royal Mail.
Wave 2 will include the following:
Poster Set
Signed Art Print 1
Signed Art Print 2
Signed Art Print 3
Acrylic Tokens Sets (6 colours) (produced in the UK by Dark Ops)
The Scourge Space Station Add-on Pack
From the above list, it is very clear that there is an obvious missing element; the Paper Map Sets.

THE PAPER MAP SETS
Despite numerous attempts and worldwide efforts at printing these maps, we are unable to deliver these. They were originally specified with 2 printers (one as a back-up), but both decided after the project was completed and the maps were already allocated in many backers’ pledges, that they were unable to deliver on the exact sizes we required. This has been a big blow to us, and has caused the majority of the delay to the second wave going out. So it is with deep regret that we are going to finish the Kickstarter with the products we have managed to finalise – those in the above list.
However, you as backers, have put your money into the creation of this project, and into the creation of these maps, so it would be completely unfair for us to not have them available. Therefore, we are taking the following 3 steps.
Step 1. Credit:
We are offering every backer who paid for a map set, equal credit on what they spent to purchase anything through the Hawk Wargames Website. This includes the Admirals who will get the full KS selling price. We are finalising the process to best handle this and will be sending out an update once the second wave has been despatched with how you will be receiving your codes.
Additionally, we will be crediting every single free Radar map that was – with £5 for each free map they should have received, which again can be used against any product on the Hawk Wargames website.
Step 2. The Designs:
We will then be posting up the maps so that you can download them and get them printed yourselves or with your local printer. We will create them so that have bleed, so that any printer company who prints large format, or digitally, should be able to print them off for you if you haven’t got the facilities yourself to do so. These will be available to download and will not be limited.
Step 3. Playing on Maps:
We are happy for any manufacturer of playing mats to take these open source files and make them for sale in their respective regions. Overseas postage can be prohibitive for these items so allowing everyone access means somebody close to you should be able to make them.

MISSING PARTS
We are aware that there are a number of missing parts requests still to be sent out. We have a team working on these over the next few weeks alongside the Wave 2 team, so that hopefully these will be fully dispatched in the next few weeks.
We are aware that there are a few missing pledges still:

MISSING PLEDGES
There are a handful of pledges that have just never arrived with backers, or that have been mislaid by our couriers, or unfortunately missed in the packing process and still have not been resolved. We would request that anyone who has not let us know yet about your pledge, to contact us. Those who have, we have got you on our lists, and this will be being resolved in the next few weeks along with our Missing parts despatches.

RUSSIAN PLEDGES
Despite our couriers refusing to take any packages for Russia, and the postal system having lost every single package we have sent so far, we have now finally found a reliable solution for shipping. These few packages will be being identified and shipped out in the next few weeks via one of our retail partners. We are sorry for the delays to these orders.
Finally, and though it has been said before, we are working on presenting a plethora of things that we had hoped to get out to you all before now – Scenarios, Special Unit Stats, Painting guides and more. You will hear a lot more about this in the next update.
Thank you for reading this update, and we look forward to being able to finish getting Wave 2 out to all of you who are waiting on the remainder of what you pledged for.
Kind regards
The Hawk Wargames Team

Metal_Oida

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 10:43 am

You can have a look here:

http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/hawkforum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10100&start=10

Same issue with missing stuff.... but my Major concern is hawks silent running mode.

but... yesterday I got a Newsletter. Nevertheless they only mentioned "not-yet-delivered-stuff"... but didn´t mention any missing parts or replacements... also... nothing about the Space Station Kit (not the scourge thingie...).

This time I tried contacting them via Kickstarter (I thought maybe a different channel is a good idea)... I got the following reply:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello and thank you for contacting us.

Due to the record number of emails we are receiving through several different accounts in regards to our Dropfleet Commander Kickstarter campaign, we are currently not monitoring this email account. Please forward any queries or issues you are experiencing to our dedicated customer service address (info@hawkwargames.com) and one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as they can. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

The Hawk Wargames Team
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

well... at least I got an automated reply ^^ hooray! When I write to infoAThawkwargames.com I don´t even get an automated reply...

Nobody

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Metal_Oida wrote:You can have a look here:

http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/hawkforum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10100&start=10

Same issue with missing stuff.... but my Major concern is hawks silent running mode.

but... yesterday I got a Newsletter. Nevertheless they only mentioned "not-yet-delivered-stuff"... but didn´t mention any missing parts or replacements... also... nothing about the Space Station Kit (not the scourge thingie...).

This time I tried contacting them via Kickstarter (I thought maybe a different channel is a good idea)... I got the following reply:
Hello and thank you for contacting us.

Due to the record number of emails we are receiving through several different accounts in regards to our Dropfleet Commander Kickstarter campaign, we are currently not monitoring this email account. Please forward any queries or issues you are experiencing to our dedicated customer service address (info@hawkwargames.com) and one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as they can. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

The Hawk Wargames Team

well... at least I got an automated reply ^^ hooray! When I write to infoAThawkwargames.com I don´t even get an automated reply...

I copied the kickstarter update just above this, they have a section devoted to missing parts and what they're doing.

Klarg1

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 3:03 pm

I am disappointed by this development, and I agree that the high cost of international shipping makes Hawk online store credit questionably valuable to me, but I'm happy to have resolution.

I much prefer that Hawk makes their best effort, and then concludes the process cleanly, rather than dragging it out indefinitely. (*cough*Robotech Tactics*cough*)

Most of the game delivered properly, and not excessively late. I'm calling it a win.
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

feindusmaximus

Hawk Talon

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 6:18 am

anyone get anything from way II yet? Just checking.

Crimsonwraith

PostSun Aug 06, 2017 4:22 pm

It is coming up on a month later and still no word. What's the deal? As the guy who runs almost all of the events for my gaming group and FLGS, I'm not sure Dropfleet is going to take off. I brought Dropzone into the store, along with Malifaux, X Wing, and Infinity. I ran a store championship last weekend. My FLGS can't keep X Wing stock on the shelf. I can't run anything if I don't have a rule book. I know I'm just a drop in the pan and who cares. Hey, maybe you looked at my area and didn't see any other backers, I don't know. But know that I am a drop that spawns more drops. Or at least I could have.

Dvalin

PostMon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Received my wave II stuff a few days ago; west coast United States. My guess is it all shipped in the last week or week and change.
Dropzone Commander:
PHR, a lot.
UCM, a lot.

Dropfleet Commander:
PHR, a lot.
UCM, a little.
Shaltari, a little.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion