It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:37 am

Change to Core Rules: Allow the possibility of friendly fire

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Gavri3l

Re: Change to Core Rules: Allow the possibility of friendly

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

Why not allow troops to withdraw?

Enemy forces are in the region, but you could retreat outside the engagement zone to allow for safe saturation bombing of the area. The pinning rule seems to assume that both sides are constantly surrounding the other side.

I would just let you remove any of your own tokens from the game after ground combat. This way, you are never praying that you'll fail an armor save so you can open up a sector to bombardment, which is a weird thing to wish for. From a fluff perspective, you can say they are retreating outside the cluster and won't be able to re-engage before the end of the 6th round.

Aylw

Re: Change to Core Rules: Allow the possibility of friendly

PostSun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Gavri3l wrote:Why not allow troops to withdraw?

Enemy forces are in the region, but you could retreat outside the engagement zone to allow for safe saturation bombing of the area. The pinning rule seems to assume that both sides are constantly surrounding the other side.

I would just let you remove any of your own tokens from the game after ground combat. This way, you are never praying that you'll fail an armor save so you can open up a sector to bombardment, which is a weird thing to wish for. From a fluff perspective, you can say they are retreating outside the cluster and won't be able to re-engage before the end of the 6th round.

I think this is a great way to handle it. After playing this way for a while, it's imho the best way to do it - makes the most sense fluff-wise, and gameplay-wise.
Previous

Return to General Discussion