It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:41 am

Retail Battlecruisers and more

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

BlackLegion

Re: Retail Battlecruisers and more

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Maninblue

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm

I'd have to see them in person, but I love the Scourge ones... they make a smooth transition up from the cruisers towards the Battleships in a way that the KS exclusive doesn't. Pretty damned awesome.

Might see if I can sell my KS-type for enough to buy one of these. ;)
Dave 2 / Man in Blue
~ "Something he disagreed with ate him."

riftsinger

PostSun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm

i also wound like to see a painted version of the bc i got the web only light cruiser and to be honest not as keen on the design as the standard light ships (thinking i may have to kit bash the style in the books )
of course the LZ is hot thats how you your going to the right place,

panzer415

PostTue May 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Shame Dave cant produce the Scorge BC's in the same material as the one in the case, save a lot of painting, I'd leave it as it is, even the transparent bits, as partially cloaked.

Son of Menoth

PostTue May 09, 2017 8:48 pm

I don't know about the Perth... I like the overall design for the new SE light cruisers, but I don't think it translates as well to the battlecruisers. Maybe once I get a chance to see it in person or even painted might help. I will stick to the Avalon, though since I didn't get an Atlantis, I guess the Johannesburg it is!

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 09, 2017 9:11 pm

panzer415 wrote:Shame Dave cant produce the Scorge BC's in the same material as the one in the case, save a lot of painting, I'd leave it as it is, even the transparent bits, as partially cloaked.

I doubt you would like the price tag of that. ;)

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

Achiles625

PostTue May 09, 2017 9:39 pm

I am dying for these to come out. As a UCM player (no Resistance in Dropfleet :-P ), I honestly prefer them to the battleships as flagships. It really bugs me that the battlecruisers, especially the Perth vs the Beijing, outgun the battleships despite having less bulk!

Lordprinceps

PostTue May 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Achiles625 wrote:I am dying for these to come out. As a UCM player (no Resistance in Dropfleet :-P ), I honestly prefer them to the battleships as flagships. It really bugs me that the battlecruisers, especially the Perth vs the Beijing, outgun the battleships despite having less bulk!

If I'm not mistaken, historically, battlecruisers ARE battleships, just with less armor and more speed :)

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Neither Battlecruiser outguns the Beijing though. It may be hard to line up the Cobra on the Beijing but on weapons free it will certainly outgun a Perth.

Achiles625

PostWed May 10, 2017 12:27 am

Lordprinceps wrote:
Achiles625 wrote:I am dying for these to come out. As a UCM player (no Resistance in Dropfleet :-P ), I honestly prefer them to the battleships as flagships. It really bugs me that the battlecruisers, especially the Perth vs the Beijing, outgun the battleships despite having less bulk!

If I'm not mistaken, historically, battlecruisers ARE battleships, just with less armor and more speed :)

Not quite. Later battlecruisers like the Hood carried true battleship level armament, but earlier ones, as well as some later ships such as the german pocket battleships, were really little more than glorified heavy cruisers. Regardless, my point is more about the huge amount of wasted physical space on the UCM battleship chassis. I feel like they could have at least fit two more UF-4200 turrets on then. The Tokyo and New York feel particularly undergunned by comparison, at least IMHO.

Cry of the Wind wrote:Neither Battlecruiser outguns the Beijing though. It may be hard to line up the Cobra on the Beijing but on weapons free it will certainly outgun a Perth.

The only time that I have seen anyone ever get to go weapons free with a front narrow weapon is when they happened to activate that ship before their opponent activates the ship that they targeted in the previous turn. Considering that the target is now probably already damaged, weapons free becomes a bit of an overkill, IMHO.
Last edited by Achiles625 on Wed May 10, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion