It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:43 am

Super serious topic

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Castro

Super serious topic

PostSat May 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Ok here it is - I dreaded putting this but it needs to be said. I known Dave loves to do things based in reality and scale. This is very apparent when looking at his dropzone commander models and how things fit so nicely on a 10mm board with terrain plus how they fit in their dropships.

Hell Dropfleet Commander is to scale as well. The sector models that he put out are actually to scale with the ships (although sadly not to the map but whatever). This means that really cool skyscraper in the cluster model is about half the length of a New Orleans which Is just about right.

Cool right? Good. Now here is my issue

I play UCM. Very easy faction to look at because most of their guns match their value. Big guns with two barrels, two shots; pd, count them on the hull (cruisers have 5 per side on top hull), corvettes have three shots cause they have three missile tubes on each wings. Key word is MOST. Why... WHY is the little boob gun on the UCM, the mass driver on the side hull, only TWO SHOTS. IZ GOTS 3 BARRELS ARGH. It should be three shots hitting on 4 but it's in two. This be very confusing. I can understand the frigates haveing one shot cause their mass driver, even being three barrels, is super small - but that is no excuse for the bigger ones to be two

If you haven't noticed this is somewhat of a joke post :lol:

But seriously why only two shots lol

BlackLegion

Re: Super serious topic

PostSat May 06, 2017 10:19 pm

If this is driving you nuts the compare the number of turrets on the Madrid with the ones on the Tokyo and then compare the weapon profiles :D

Castro

PostSat May 06, 2017 11:08 pm

BlackLegion wrote:If this is driving you nuts the compare the number of turrets on the Madrid with the ones on the Tokyo and then compare the weapon profiles :D

There is a special place in hell reserved for people like you lol

I heard the traitorous PHR also have weird countings on their broadside cannons

Ravanar

Hawk Talon

PostSun May 07, 2017 7:57 am

Castro wrote:WHY is the little boob gun on the UCM, the mass driver on the side hull, only TWO SHOTS. IZ GOTS 3 BARRELS ARGH. It should be three shots hitting on 4 but it's in two. This be very confusing. I can understand the frigates haveing one shot cause their mass driver, even being three barrels, is super small - but that is no excuse for the bigger ones to be two

If you haven't noticed this is somewhat of a joke post :lol:

But seriously why only two shots lol

Charge cycle rates or less efficient cooling systems than on the primary weapons. The 3rd barrel means each barrel can shoot 2 times in sequence while the 3rd one is being prepared again?

Here's a better question though.

Why do the frigates have 1 shot?
"That's a big puppet..."

Sussex UK Talon.

Nobody

PostSun May 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Shot rates are rarely dictated by number of barrels in Hawk games, look at the UCM Phoenix in DZC and compare to its stats.

panzer415

PostWed May 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Its becuse if fire's 'handwavium' rounds

Seret

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Nobody wrote:Shot rates are rarely dictated by number of barrels in Hawk games

Or in the real world.

Bistromatic

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Especially with weapons that require large amounts of energy from the ship they're mounted on instead of using chemical propellant.

Return to General Discussion