It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:43 am

Burnthru & St-Pete

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Kemble

Burnthru & St-Pete

PostSun May 07, 2017 11:55 am

Since I'd gone to the effort of making a die rolling macro to roll up the CA frigates I thought I might modify it to take a look at the more complicated burnthru weapons.

The New Cairo Burnthru (Belephron and others) was rolled 300,000 times
The Avalon 200,000 times (I ran this a few times to see how much variation there was and its changes by around 0.05%)
Scourges 4 dice Burn8 200,000 times
Scourges 1 die Burn4 400,000 times
Pandora 400,000 times
St-Petes Dbl Burn 400,000 times
St-Petes Burn8 experimental 400,000 times
St-Pete as a 3D6 Burnthru 6 200,000 times

I rolled 3+ saves once again (I figure thats close to 50% of targets and therefore a better standard measure)
Only the burnthru weapons are taking into account here, no other weapon system is included. And only the St-Pete has to use weapons free to get its double burnthru of course.

What I found interesting here was the kickup that a most of the burnthrus had on their second highest damage point.
Most visible on the Avalon where it kicks up to almost 20% chance for 7 total damage. All of them with the exceptions of the Pandora and the Scourge Burn4 do it.

I ran the St-Petes Experimental rules Burn8 as you can see and the 3D6 Burn6 that has been suggested a number of times. It wasnt too surprising to see how much better the 3D6 burn6 is compared to 2D6 that is standard on the new cairo and others.

Take it for what you will, thought I would share.

Kemble

Re: Burnthru & St-Pete

PostSun May 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Some may find this easier to interpret or more usable.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostSun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Wihle i can see that the most of you feel in a waste of a main weapon, because its not used often enough

I must say the St. Pete is one of the cheapest Heavy out there so it has other goodies in a overall to share

I dont want to get the st pete much stronger with the BTL... which would need to as well make its cost more expensive and the value of taking a avalon pointless...

but well i see it will not stop here, to much complainig about the output as always... well i dont share this mainstraeming take the ship with the most anti ship value...

Way do you always look at the guns first and mainly??
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Nicius

PostSun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm

I agree with Dread. If you buff the St. Peterburg any more then it will step on the toes of the Avalon. I like the St Petersburg were it is right now.
Upping its Siphon Power rule to 3 dice and dropping back to btl(6) would mean most of the time it will be used as a cheap Avalon and nobody would care about fireing both barrels.

W0lfBane

PostSun May 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Poor pandora. *shakes head

Return to General Discussion