It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Starting local Dropfleet League

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

CaptainCrunch

Starting local Dropfleet League

PostWed May 10, 2017 3:53 pm

In order to maintain interest at my local store I decided to start a Dropfleet League for those interested. Below is what I have so far. Please comment if you have any constructive criticism.

General Rules

The league will last 10 weeks with a tournament at week 5 (999 pts) and 10 (1500 pts). Weeks 1-4 we will be playing Dropfleet scenarios 1-4 in order. Weeks 6-9 we will be playing Dropfleet scenarios 5-8 in order. We will be using the Experimental Rules (provide link) in their entirety except for rules 1.1 and 1.2 ... so ground combats are fought as normal.

Fleet Composition

Try to gear toward 1500 pt games. However, you can play at any point level you and your opponent agree to. For now, try to restrict your combined points spent of ground dropping ships and corvettes to 1/3 of your points. Shaltari Void Gates, Emeralds, and Glass count for full points ... count a Diamond or Platinum as 50 pts toward the limit. If this becomes to restrictive we will modify/remove the restriction. The idea here to have players make fleets that will play in as many aspects of the game as possible.

Fleets are not set for the League. You may change fleet composition, faction, point level, etc but please try to show up to your games prepared.

Games

Players are encouraged to play at least one game per week. You may not play and score off the same person you played in the previous week (i.e. try to play someone different if possible). If you play multiple games you may record any one of them (probably a win) but the recorded game must be against a person in the league.

3 pts - Win
2 pts - Draw
1 pts - Loss

Hobby

All points here can be earned once during the League per faction. So, if you paint up UCM and Shaltari you can score points for them separately. The playmat points can only be scored once unless the mat is different (i.e. you can't use the same mat between factions).

1 pts - All ships painted with at least one color.
2 pts - All ships are shaded.
3 pts - All ships have hightlights.
1 pts - All ship bases have delineated zone bars or colored zones
1 pts - All ship bases either have the height/spike stickers or the player has a visible method of showing Level and Spike.
5 pts - You have your own Dropfleet style 4x4 play mat (I plan to push for vinyl mats since they are considerably cheaper than most alternatives) (provide links for play mat options)
1 pts - You have ground/launch asset tokens/figures
3 pts - You have stylized ground asset tokens/figures (dropzone models are very good for this)
1 pts - You have Battle Group identifiers (I use colored beads but whatever is good).

DrunkCorsair

Re: Starting local Dropfleet League

PostWed May 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Maybe an escalation leage could be more interesting for new players.

Maybe first 2 games with a Starter Box and then grow to your expected points for the last tourney.

Just an idea that could give you some new players.
No Boom today
Maybe Boom tomorrrow.
There is always Boom tomorrow.

bob

PostWed May 10, 2017 11:38 pm

where is this local club?

CaptainCrunch

PostThu May 11, 2017 3:29 am

New Hampshire.

Return to General Discussion