It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Would love to play this game

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Darkfine

Would love to play this game

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:33 pm

But can't buy it anywhere. 3ish times now I have looked and all I can find is overpriced ebay/Amazon listings occasionally.

Shadow Broker

Re: Would love to play this game

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Where do you live?
waylandgames.co.uk has Dropzone and Dropfleet Commander.

Darkfine

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

The states. Both flgs and every online store I frequent only have frigate and cruiser boxes. No starters, books or battleships. Has been like this for a while

Kelbesq

PostTue May 16, 2017 2:34 pm

The 2 player starter sets have been sold out on all of the US websites for months. I haven't seen any past the initial stock they had. One of my friends is in the same position as you are. He hasn't started playing because he can't get a hold of a starter set. It really is a bummer, and I am not sure there is anything we can do about it.

I was originally going to grab a few to bolster my UCM and Scourge fleets and to have an extra rule book, but that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

I've seen a few fairly priced on ebay from time to time, and have seen several extremely overprices ones as well. I've seen rulebooks on ebay too. Another option is to order directly from Hawk. If your order is > £100, then you don't have to pay the shipping £20 shipping fee. Direct from Hawk will be as cheap or cheaper than any of the US based online spruces once you get past the shipping cost. My local group has gotten together for group purchases to get above the £100 mark.

samspace

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 16, 2017 8:16 pm

I don't know why some of the online retailers haven't replenished their stock. I've been checking miniature market and they have been filling their stock but I know Golden Distribution has plenty of stock.

Kelbesq

PostTue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm

samspace wrote:I don't know why some of the online retailers haven't replenished their stock. I've been checking miniature market and they have been filling their stock but I know Golden Distribution has plenty of stock.

Of the 2-Player Starter Set specifically? I haven't seen it in stock at Miniature Market for months, but most of their other items get restocked periodically.

W0lfBane

PostWed May 17, 2017 3:01 am

*puts on tin foil hat *
Maybe gw is looking to revamp battlefleet Gothic like they did bloodbowl and necromundo and are bribing people not to stock up dropfleet so they can reduce the competition

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 17, 2017 4:47 am

I checked with Hawk directly. "When they order stuff, we ship it to them.", referring to the distributors. I have no idea why the distros are being such pains in the butt about getting stock ordered. :evil:

On the other hand, my FLGS has plenty of 2-Player Starters, and pretty much everything else, except command cards. Took a few weeks for them to get corvettes in, and they had to punt on Golden and turn to E-Figs to get them (go figure), but they got 'em.

If your friend(s) really want to get started, I'd order directly from Hawk at this point. A 2-Player Starter is $99, so that and a few more essentials will get you over the £100 threshold, and that's just for one person -- if several people go in together, you should have no problem. And Hawk's delivery to the States is super fast these days.

I prefer supporting my FLGS, too, but in this case you might want to try going to Hawk directly...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 17, 2017 4:55 am

It really is annoying how the North American distributors are handling Hawk products. I've said before that my new local store only had Scourge starters, Glass corvettes and Activation cards in stock and the owner of the store said it takes him between 2 weeks and 4 months to see that stock updated. If he can't order it I can't order it from him. Since they problem doesn't seem to be on Hawk's end I really don't know what we as customers can do.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 17, 2017 5:19 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:It really is annoying how the North American distributors are handling Hawk products. I've said before that my new local store only had Scourge starters, Glass corvettes and Activation cards in stock and the owner of the store said it takes him between 2 weeks and 4 months to see that stock updated. If he can't order it I can't order it from him. Since they problem doesn't seem to be on Hawk's end I really don't know what we as customers can do.

One thing we can do is ask our FLGS owners/managers to take the time to call up their distributors and ask them, directly, why they don't have stock on hand that the FLGS's can order from them?

"My customers are demanding this product, and we hear that Hawk has plenty of it in Birmingham, so why aren't you ordering from them so that I can order it from you and sell it to my customers? You're costing me money!!!"

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. If enough FLGS's raise enough hell, it might start to get through to the distros.

Of course, this takes time and energy on the part of your FLGS owners/managers. But it's the best strategy that I know of.

I'm tired of fighting this battle, but I will continue to do so until the war has been won. 8-)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Next

Return to General Discussion