It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 am


Experimental No More!

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Stompzilla

  • Posts: 956
  • Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:34 pm
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Experimental No More!

PostWed May 17, 2017 5:48 pm

How much of a difference do people find that extra 250 pts makes in terms of time? For me, that's 2 cruisers. Using the pendulum system of ground combat I can cruise through a 1500 pt game in 2.5 hrs, when in "tournament mode".

Bit disappointed with their decision on the ground game. It keeps in the tedious, time consuming and random ground combat whilst removing the most tactical part of the ground game.
Offline
User avatar

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 5126
  • Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Re: Experimental No More!

PostSun May 28, 2017 12:23 am

What happened to the official rules changes?

They're no longer at the link on the OP that Sword of Justice posted, and they're not included in the "Dropfleet FAQ and Errata v1.1" document on the main Hawk website, that's just the January Errata...

As far as I can tell, they are nowhere to be found... :(
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Offline
User avatar

BlackLegion

  • Posts: 707
  • Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 pm
  • Location: Leipzig, Germany

Re: Experimental No More!

PostSun May 28, 2017 12:44 am

Wasn't there a plan to upload a corrected version?
Offline

Kemble

  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 am

Re: Experimental No More!

PostSun May 28, 2017 1:00 am

The recent implementation of the experimental rules are placed in the most logical location of all.. the "events" section.....

https://www.hawkwargames.com/pages/events
Offline
User avatar

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 5126
  • Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Re: Experimental No More!

PostSun May 28, 2017 7:31 am

Kemble wrote:The recent implementation of the experimental rules are placed in the most logical location of all.. the "events" section.....

https://www.hawkwargames.com/pages/events

Huh. I was on that page earlier today, looking for the Tournament Pack. Didn't look down the list. Definitely in the wrong place, needs to get integrated with the January FAQ/Errata doc...

Thanks, Kemble.
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Offline

starbreaker

  • Posts: 88
  • Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Experimental No More!

PostTue May 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Gah! They gave Linked-1 to allow dual broadsides on most of the PHR combat cruiser and heavy cruiser hulls (even the Ikarus) but still left the Perseus firing left-or-right. Idiocy. The Theseus didn't need that boost, but Percy sure did.
Offline
User avatar

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 5126
  • Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Re: Experimental No More!

PostWed May 31, 2017 2:17 am

starbreaker wrote:Gah! They gave Linked-1 to allow dual broadsides on most of the PHR combat cruiser and heavy cruiser hulls (even the Ikarus) but still left the Perseus firing left-or-right. Idiocy. The Theseus didn't need that boost, but Percy sure did.

"Idiocy"...? Seems a little harsh, bro... I guess they felt the Perseus was functioning "as designed". Seems a bit OP if it could fire all its weapons off both sides for its points...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Offline
User avatar

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 964
  • Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:27 pm
  • Location: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Re: Experimental No More!

PostWed May 31, 2017 3:45 am

I'd say that ship has what most people want in a good ship to use in pairs along a flank. Enough light shots to kill 2 frigates and enough heavy shots to damage/finish off a cruiser. I'm not sure letting it weapons free for free would help that ship as much as the others.
Offline
User avatar

killionaire

  • Posts: 333
  • Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: Experimental No More!

PostWed May 31, 2017 6:55 am

J.D. Welch wrote:
starbreaker wrote:Gah! They gave Linked-1 to allow dual broadsides on most of the PHR combat cruiser and heavy cruiser hulls (even the Ikarus) but still left the Perseus firing left-or-right. Idiocy. The Theseus didn't need that boost, but Percy sure did.

"Idiocy"...? Seems a little harsh, bro... I guess they felt the Perseus was functioning "as designed". Seems a bit OP if it could fire all its weapons off both sides for its points...


Perseus is probably the worst cruiser in the game. It's weapons are downright bad as far as their config goes.
To be honest, unless the Assault Troopships get a points increase, there's little point in investing in most PHR standard cruisers due to how powerful the Orpheus is and how capable the Bell is in every other area..
Offline

Kelbesq

  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Experimental No More!

PostWed May 31, 2017 4:54 pm

killionaire wrote:Perseus is probably the worst cruiser in the game.


Granite says hi.
Worse damage on a F(n) arc with standard orders, before any caliber rules are applied. Perseus on standard orders with caliber rules active averages more damage than a Granite on weapons free (except vs shields).
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest