It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

Killing Finnese Mistake

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Gavri3l

Killing Finnese Mistake

PostSat May 20, 2017 7:56 pm

On the scourge command card "killing finnese", it states the target is "One friendly ship." However the effect text begins with "All friendly ships on the table..."

So which is it?

Kemble

Re: Killing Finnese Mistake

PostSun May 21, 2017 3:11 am

I think it is deliberate.

If you look at the FAQ from Jan and goto the command card section

FAQ Jan wrote:A ship can only be specifically targeted once per turn. This means a ship may only be the target of one card that affect ‘target friendly ship’ or ‘target friendly group’ and one card that targets ‘target enemy ship’ or ‘target enemy group’.
Ships may be affected by battlegroup, fleet wide or ‘area’ affects several times per turn as they are not specifically targeted at that ship or group, meaning they can stack with specifically targeted cards on individual ships or groups.

And then it rambles on some more.

So what we have with Killing Finesse is the command card targets 1 friendly ship, which will prevent that friendly ship being specifically targeted by your own command cards for the remainder of the turn. But because the card effects army wide, every ship gets to benefit but no other ship is blocked from being specifically targeted by a command card.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Killing Finnese Mistake

PostSun May 21, 2017 6:20 am

Kemble wrote:I think it is deliberate.

If you look at the FAQ from Jan and goto the command card section

FAQ Jan wrote:A ship can only be specifically targeted once per turn. This means a ship may only be the target of one card that affect ‘target friendly ship’ or ‘target friendly group’ and one card that targets ‘target enemy ship’ or ‘target enemy group’.
Ships may be affected by battlegroup, fleet wide or ‘area’ affects several times per turn as they are not specifically targeted at that ship or group, meaning they can stack with specifically targeted cards on individual ships or groups.

And then it rambles on some more.

So what we have with Killing Finesse is the command card targets 1 friendly ship, which will prevent that friendly ship being specifically targeted by your own command cards for the remainder of the turn. But because the card effects army wide, every ship gets to benefit but no other ship is blocked from being specifically targeted by a command card.

Well said...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to Rules Queries