It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Re-calibrated targeting card and dice pools

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Doktor

Re-calibrated targeting card and dice pools

PostSat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm

I have a question about Re-calibrated targeting card and attack dice pools. As one pools all dice form the group (so for example impel from two Shaltari light cruisers will be toggled indiscriminate which ship actually hit), how can I choose the dice from a single weapon system? Or should all weapen systems be rolled as a pool, but with distinguished dice (like in case of Moscow heavy railgun turrets should 2 sets of four dice be used)? This matters especially in multiple ship groups, as only one ship can be the target of that card.

BlackLegion

Re: Re-calibrated targeting card and dice pools

PostSat Jul 08, 2017 7:09 pm

You don't pool all of the same weapons from different ships together. You CAN do this to speed up game play.
But strict by the rules each weapon system is fired separately. So if two Shaltari Aquamarine Light Cruisers score one damage each the target ship doesn't the Impel effect.

So with Re -Calibrated Targeting System ONE weapons system of ONE ship may re-roll failed to-hit rolls. Not all weapons of the same type in the same group.

Doktor

PostSat Jul 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Thanks.

Edit: I could not imagine that Aquamarine and Sapphire are that bad. Too bad they are not Attack 3+ Impel-1, as that way the turning would be a valid tactic (trolling the enemy instead of doing damage).

Kelbesq

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 5:06 am

or 3+, 3 attack dice, and Impel-2 or something similar. The odds arent terrible for a group of two Aquamarines, but it still seems easier to just get damage off.

Return to Rules Queries