It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 1:31 am

particle lance and cripling

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Takxis

particle lance and cripling

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 2:20 am

Hi with partical lance all hits are critical and cannot be armoured saved, but when a roll is a critical ie 4+ it is a roll on the critical table. my question is, is the roll on the critical table for each critical roll. for example if i roll a 2,4,6 is this 3 normal critical hits plus 2 rolls on the critical hit tables?

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: particle lance and cripling

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 am

First off, Crippling and Critical are two very different things. I think I fully understand you but want to make that clear.

For a Partical Lance Triad (which is what I assume you are talking about as it is the only Partical Lance with Crippling) you can only get one bonus Crippling roll per attack. As per page 69 you only get one roll on the Crippling table no matter how many critical hits you get with a single weapon (it states 1 or more Critical hits meaning even 3 Critical hits only generate one Crippling). The rules update in May 2017 also changed the rule for Crippling weapons so they have to actually roll a Critical hit to inflicting Crippling damage which I think you have accounted for.

So in your example you would get 1 roll on the Crippling table. If you did enough damage to reduce the target ship to 50% or less hull it would suffer a second Crippling damage roll as well.

Return to Rules Queries