It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 am

PHR medium caliber

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

DarkNite

Re: PHR medium caliber

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 am

I disagree with you "Cry of the Wind" this not a change but a clarification of the rules. when it call out Medium caliber does it follow the rules spell out like the other caliber or does it have to call it out in the special sections. if it doesn't follow the rules then it should be call standard caliber and not medium caliber.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 am

It is a change. The rules as written in multiple places do not have Calibre (M) listed. This is not a mistake. Hawk has had 2 chances to change it both the FAQ/Errata doc and the Experimental Rules doc. It has been discussed here and with Hawk staff in person and yet they are standing by the original rules as printed. Since they have clearly decided to keep it as is and not add in a special rule that is not listed in any entry it would be considered a change of rules. One that their actual changes have made less relevant and indicate that while they think broadsides needed a boost adding Calibre (M) was not the direction they wanted to take.

Hawk may not have the most clear rule set but they are fairly quick to correct actual errors. This isn't the only place in the rulebook where the same word has multiple meanings (bombardment springs to mind as one example).

DarkNite

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 3:07 am

I know how hawk works. that still doesn't stop me from thinking this was a mistake on their part. there wasn't a clear definition of that rule and they just refuse to correct it!

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 8:41 am

DarkNite wrote:I know how hawk works. that still doesn't stop me from thinking this was a mistake on their part. there wasn't a clear definition of that rule and they just refuse to correct it!

But the Caliber rule is clearly defined. The medium broadsides simply do not have it, never had it as far as I know.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

Garbutt

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 10:13 am

Lorn wrote:
DarkNite wrote:I know how hawk works. that still doesn't stop me from thinking this was a mistake on their part. there wasn't a clear definition of that rule and they just refuse to correct it!

But the Caliber rule is clearly defined. The medium broadsides simply do not have it, never had it as far as I know.

Lorns right - none of the Medium batteries have the Calibre special rule. All of the Light and Heavy ones do.
So where's the lack of clarity? :)

(Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the Mediums DID get Calibre; but I see nothing in the rules that indicates their not having it is any form of mistake)
Making other players look good since 2014
Previous

Return to Rules Queries