It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Collected FAQ/Errata

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Collected FAQ/Errata

PostMon Dec 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Major Awesome wrote:New question:

Does a Voidgate have to be able to fire a weapon for the defensive battery effect to be present on a cluster?

I like the reformatted questions list!

Thanks!

I don't see any connection between shooting and charged air. The rules make it sound like a by product of simply existing and the fluff seems to back that up too. If I see others ask it I will consider adding it but as of now it doesn't meet my FAQ requirements.

Major Awesome

PostTue Dec 27, 2016 12:18 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:
Major Awesome wrote:New question:

Does a Voidgate have to be able to fire a weapon for the defensive battery effect to be present on a cluster?

I like the reformatted questions list!

Thanks!

I don't see any connection between shooting and charged air. The rules make it sound like a by product of simply existing and the fluff seems to back that up too. If I see others ask it I will consider adding it but as of now it doesn't meet my FAQ requirements.

I ask because I'm playing Shaltari and I think it's unfair that I can make this happen. Here's my reasoning: A) In Dropzone the "charged air" from gates only functions if you move below a certain speed because of the move and fire value. B) In Dropfleet being able to put a defensive battery on every cluster turn 2 (Max Thrust) before the enemy gets to drop their own tokens feels wrong.

I think that makes it a damn good question given prior rules logic and experience playing it. Just because nobody else has asked for confirmation on this interaction doesn't mean it's not important for the Shaltari section.
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue Dec 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Fair enough, I added it in since it isn't like it costs anything haha. I doubt it will have any FAQ since it is pretty clear but I put your example in to see if that is intended and if not it may trigger an errata.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostThu Dec 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Another bump with an update! Hawk Liam confirmed that if your BG is destroyed before you activate then you simply end that round and both players flip their next cards.

Found here last entry first page: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9359

GodHead

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 7:47 am

Is outmanoeuvring it the only way to prevent a torpedo from hitting you after it is launched, aside from hoping it rolls a string of 1's until the end of the game?

Every time it misses, you leave it in place to try again next turn.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 pm

GodHead wrote:Is outmanoeuvring it the only way to prevent a torpedo from hitting you after it is launched, aside from hoping it rolls a string of 1's until the end of the game?

Every time it misses, you leave it in place to try again next turn.

As far as I read it yes those are the instructions. Since ships and even fleets (launch cap) pay a premium for them I think this is intentional as well.

GodHead

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 3:29 pm

I agree as well. But it isn't made explicit and I've seen people online taking them off after making a second failed hit roll.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Fair enough and its free to add questions. Updated the main page with the torp question!

Commander Shepard

PostMon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks for all this meticulous work!I'm through a second reading of the rules but still can't understand when remove a minor spike during a standard order...I think at the beginning of the activation, so if you fire a bloom weapon you retain the spike...

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jan 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:Thanks for all this meticulous work!I'm through a second reading of the rules but still can't understand when remove a minor spike during a standard order...I think at the beginning of the activation, so if you fire a bloom weapon you retain the spike...

Thanks!

That is why it is in the list. Pg 42 says at the beginning of the activation and Pg 43 at the end of its activation. All the other orders have spike effects (gain or remove) happen at the end of the activation however this would mean Bloom only matters to ships that already have spikes on them.
PreviousNext

Return to Rules Queries