It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 am

Collected FAQ/Errata

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Collected FAQ/Errata

PostSat Jan 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Added in a more generic question regarding "Other Scoring Methods". Basically do they always apply or must be specified since Critical Locations and Surveying don't mention it while all others state something along the lines of if the scenario tells you too but all of them are in the same heading.

Edit:

Also added Air-to-Air question regarding CAWs with air-to-air being able to fire from atmo out of it or vice versa.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 1:38 am

Added in a couple questions and have updated a couple with the answers Hawk has given so far at Invasion.

Questions were:
Ramming into atmo yes/no?
Movement in atmo, only 2" or can you max thrust for 4"

Answers from Invasion:
The Spike from deploying Gates applies to the Mothership not the Voidgate

Sorry Charybdis you cannot fire bombardment weapons from atmosphere. Nothing was stated about the Medea and how by the logic of the Charybdis it also cannot fire from bombardment from atmo since Low Level doesn't allow it to target sectors from atmosphere (which is what prevents the Chary).

Hawk confirmed that groups do indeed fire all weapons at the same time following the steps laid out in the firing procedure.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 10:30 am

Well RIP Scourge bombardment you were already handicapped to begin with. Also I hope the FAQ will have more details in regards to Shaltari Gates and the Motherships.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Added some more answers that have come from Invasion:

Surveying a cluster is only used if it is mentioned as a scoring method by the mission.

Space Stations can only only have dropships sent to them from Low Orbit, also Voidgates treat them the same as a normal cluster for all their special rules (Voidgates also need to be in Low Orbit to drop gates on them).

When a defence battery shoots at a Bulk Lander it targets the lander directly so 1 roll is made per bulk lander and if successful all 3 ground tokens (or 1 defence battery) are destroyed. Not as big a question but also was confirmed that no matter how many Defence Batteries are on a cluster only 1 roll is made per launch token.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jan 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Busy weekend sees more answers come out. This one is actually a new question too since it is actually an errata not a question based on how the rules work as written.

Do Defence Weapons and Orbital Guns use normal shooting rules or are they limited to scan range only (currently nothing limits them to scan as written)? "Hawk mentioned to someone that they use scan only for their office games"

I have also added a note explaining the after a question if you see bold text it means there was an answer given by Hawk regarding the question to someone unofficially.

Skinwalker

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 am

Nice work, nothing too controversial so far!

Tauwolf

Hawk Talon

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 11:21 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:When a defence battery shoots at a Bulk Lander it targets the lander directly so 1 roll is made per bulk lander and if successful all 3 ground tokens (or 1 defence battery) are destroyed.

Ouch. Shaltari just got even stronger. We've been playing "roll three times" against the troop drops, so the result of a single successful charged air roll isn't so extreme.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 1:45 am

Tauwolf wrote:
Cry of the Wind wrote:When a defence battery shoots at a Bulk Lander it targets the lander directly so 1 roll is made per bulk lander and if successful all 3 ground tokens (or 1 defence battery) are destroyed.

Ouch. Shaltari just got even stronger. We've been playing "roll three times" against the troop drops, so the result of a single successful charged air roll isn't so extreme.

No, you're shooting at the bulk lander, not the three squads in the bulk lander. The three squads can't get out until the lander makes it to the ground successfully. We've always been playing that it's one shot at each bulk lander, so no issues there.

What is great but very unexpected (at least by me) is that Voidgates only shoot down bulk landers on a 5+ now. That's actually quite significant. Couple that with Voidgates going to 2 Hull, and I might just have a chance vs my Shaltari buddies at the LVO (because afterwards, they're probably going to switch fleets, especially now...). Maybe I can kill a Voidgate or two now...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

starbreaker

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:What is great but very unexpected (at least by me) is that Voidgates only shoot down bulk landers on a 5+ now. That's actually quite significant. Couple that with Voidgates going to 2 Hull, and I might just have a chance vs my Shaltari buddies at the LVO (because afterwards, they're probably going to switch fleets, especially now...). Maybe I can kill a Voidgate or two now...

Did that work out? Even with the change trying to kill enough of the Voidgates to matter seems like a hard approach, harder than slipping past to swat an Emerald. Although bulk landers being slightly safer does improve the odds of slipping masses of infantry and/or your own batteries past the lightning storms better.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 pm

starbreaker wrote:
J.D. Welch wrote:What is great but very unexpected (at least by me) is that Voidgates only shoot down bulk landers on a 5+ now. That's actually quite significant. Couple that with Voidgates going to 2 Hull, and I might just have a chance vs my Shaltari buddies at the LVO (because afterwards, they're probably going to switch fleets, especially now...). Maybe I can kill a Voidgate or two now...

Did that work out? Even with the change trying to kill enough of the Voidgates to matter seems like a hard approach, harder than slipping past to swat an Emerald. Although bulk landers being slightly safer does improve the odds of slipping masses of infantry and/or your own batteries past the lightning storms better.

It didn't for me, as I didn't fire a shot at any Voidgates, as far as I recall, and I know I didn't kill any. Too many other high priority targets, and as you say, just too many VGs around each cluster to make much of a difference. I was able to take out an Emerald, with some very fortunate positioning/angle of line of sight, which is probably why I was able to pull out a draw...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
PreviousNext

Return to Rules Queries