It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 am

Collected FAQ/Errata Round 2

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

starbreaker

Re: Collected FAQ/Errata Round 2

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:No idea on space station size yet. Guess its up to you!

Although I would suggest using progressively larger stations in higher-point games, or in any game where you want the stations to be more relevant. It's hard(er) to muster the damage to kill a large station in a Skirmish game than a Battle, for ex, so simply blowing up a station you don't care to send troops to is less of a tactical option.

Conversely, if you want to push the emphasis toward the clusters and critical locations, use smaller stations regardless of game size. Station Assault at 2500 points with nothing but small stations could be interesting, albeit weird and nail-biting.

Having a mix of types is probably most interesting, but in larger games the small stations will be very, very vulnerable.

Major Awesome

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 5:35 pm

I suppose we should add this one to the list:

When using a Station Keeping order inside of a Debris Field and moving zero inches, does the Debris Field damage your ship?
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri Feb 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Added in the station keeping in a debris field. Rules seem to say no right now the way I read them (ships can move not must move in their activation).

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostFri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:Added in the station keeping in a debris field. Rules seem to say no right now the way I read them (ships can move not must move in their activation).

hm i read ships use trust or not in the Movement Phase which needs to be done before Shooting Phase... RB Page 44

actual its always about using trust or not... the thing with moving is a Sequence which all ships need to make, even with 0" trust

example like in DZC the Longbow cant Turn because it dose not have 0" move its Immobile....

normaly you are allowed to turn with 0" move (got it ;-P)
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 am

First line on pg 44 states the ships can move, not that they must. Can is a choice but the orders will normally force you to move. Next paragraph uses the must condition and reminds you that there may be exceptions.

Then same page Station Keeping mentions that you may remain entirely stationary if desired.

Debris Fields goes on to specify move or turn each time it mentions ships being hit. If remaining stationary is a move then why the need to specify turns too? So from all that Im getting that move of zero with no turn is different than a move of zero with a turn.

Dheran

PostSat Feb 18, 2017 1:09 am

Additionally Thrust is the movement characteristic of a ship, not the move itself. A ship using a movement characteristic of 0" Thrust will just not move.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 18, 2017 1:24 am

hm i reread it i think you are right, but well its not written that entirely stationary is not counting as moved...
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Major Awesome

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Another one for the Shaltari section:

"When Relocating tokens gate-to-gate on the ground, do the tokens count for scoring purposes in their new cluster?"

This was actually already answered by Dave at LVO as YES, they do count in the new cluster for purposes of scoring, but it would be REALLY REALLY good to get this official in writing via the FAQ as the rules as written do seem to contradict this.
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Added that one in with your note Major Awesome.

tfarnham637

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Neiloid wrote:Since the first errata stated that stealth ships can launched assets while in silent running, I would like clarification on if it at least removes silent running, restoring them to normal signature.

Launching an asset applies a spike so it should at least knock the ship out of silent running.
PreviousNext

Return to Rules Queries