It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 am

Collected FAQ/Errata Round 2

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Lorn

Hawk Talon

Re: Collected FAQ/Errata Round 2

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Eddieddi wrote:I would agree with you, but it does not specifically state that I can't use 1 glass as a token for a squad of 3-6

Well actually it does, you would have to place a marker (or more) at the first Corvettes and the other Corvettes as close as possible. Also pray nothing else explodes next to that.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Pls

1x Model can count for 1x Ship, that is RAI and RAW very clear and counts for every game as fare as i can tell!

So i really cant understand a different view on this.
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Yea I think people are really assuming the worst and thinking its normal with this problem.

The rules require the model on the table.

They require a token at the actual location of the model (and that token needs to have facing clearly noted). If you do anything else then you are breaking the rules. Using another ship as the token meets those requirements as long as they all act identically and there is some token on the lead ship indicating which ships are with it (which is what is happening as far as I am aware).

So this isn't a rules question but rather a game balance question on if this is something we want to have in the game or not. Hawk is already looking into it and has asked the Talons for help.

tfarnham637

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm

This is to clarify the question of the models being on one location and representation of the all those models. Assuming that the player has all 18 Shaltari Glass ships built to represent them on the board. May a player place all 18 Glass ships from one battle group on the exact same location, facing them in the exact same direction, and in the same exact atmospheric level. Then move them in the exact same way ending in the exact same place. May I use one Shaltari Glass ship and base with 17 Tokens to represent how many are there? If for some reason a player wishes change levels or move the ships to slightly different locations maintaining coherency he may do this by replacing the tokens with the ships set aside at their new locations.

This question has nothing to do with how tuff this is or anything but can it be done?

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 3:25 am

Yes you may use one Glass to show where 18 are placed and facing.

That Glass needs 17 tokens each identifying a ship in the stack.

All 18 ships must be on the table with the 17 as close as possible to the ship showing their location.

If the stack wants to split there is no issue as the 17 tokens all need to show facing and have the real ships nearby anyway so really its the token anyway the "lead ship" is for convince to ensure the tokens dont have thier facing jumbled.

Any level or spike change should be shown on the real models base (and it should be close by with a token showing its place in the stack).

Major Awesome

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 3:41 am

I may have gone and stirred up some drama on Facebook by playing devils advocate on this one. Whoops ;)

"Can you launch Bombers against Space Stations, and if so when do they attack when there is Time to Target involved?"
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 10:01 pm

Hey it is a valid and on reflection very important question. Given they have PD it makes sense that they can both be attacked by and defend against bombers but as you say, there is no rules for how to x2 Thrust against them.

Eddieddi

PostSun Mar 05, 2017 4:39 pm

So, after a debate on the facebook page, Here's a question, With Crippling, does the critical damage need to go through, Or is it ANY damage so long as you crit SOMEWHERE.
This is mostly for the Minos, as if the crittical damage needs to go through then you only really need to block 1 attack (the on average 1 crit out of the average 3 attack dice) which makes the Minos almost worthless. The rules are kinda unclear on the subject. They are worded similar to corrupter the actual wording is "when they score one or more critical hits in addition to any normal hull damage." does "score" mean the critical hit has to land (IE do damage) or is it just when ANY damage gets through AND a critical is rolled on ANY attack from that weapon.

Stompzilla

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 am

Don't the Minos do 3x Damage per hit though? So if the PHR player rolls a single crit on his CAW then you have to stop all 3 damage with your PD to prevent the crippling effect from taking place.

Eddieddi

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Stompzilla wrote:Don't the Minos do 3x Damage per hit though? So if the PHR player rolls a single crit on his CAW then you have to stop all 3 damage with your PD to prevent the crippling effect from taking place.

nope, 2 damage a hit, 3 attacks 2 damage, The dark matter cannon is the 2 attacks 3 damage.
PreviousNext

Return to Rules Queries