It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Weird Situation

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

CaptainCrunch

Weird Situation

PostWed May 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Ok, here's a strange one for you. Let's say I have 3 of the Shaltari light cruisers and I hit and turn a target ship in a BG 135 degrees away from his 2 buddies. Let's say I also destroy the ship in the middle leaving the remainder out of coherency. The rules now say the ships can only do a standard order move. However, due to the 2ships facings it is impossible for them to get back into coherency. Can either ship move since doing so will not bring them into coherency? Or am I missing a rule?

BlackLegion

Re: Weird Situation

PostWed May 03, 2017 11:39 pm

Ships HAVE to move unless they use Station Keeping.
So what the ships have to do is move back into coherency or try as much as possible to do so.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 03, 2017 11:45 pm

This is covered by pages 40-41. The first ship you activate can move freely. The second ship you activate must attempt to regain coherency. If it cannot it must attempt to do so as soon as it has the opportunity to do so. So basically pick one ship to move first and the second then has to do everything in its power to get into cohesion. Note that as per the FAQ none of the ships in a group can use special orders until the entire group is in cohesion.

CaptainCrunch

PostTue May 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Why does the ship have to "do everything in its power" to regain cohesion? Does it say that in the rule? I do not have my book on me at the moment. Would adjusting you position a fraction of an inch fit the requirements in trying to get back into cohesion?

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 09, 2017 1:44 pm

CaptainCrunch wrote:Why does the ship have to "do everything in its power" to regain cohesion? Does it say that in the rule? I do not have my book on me at the moment. Would adjusting you position a fraction of an inch fit the requirements in trying to get back into cohesion?

no the maximum possible to get into position, well lets say there is a debris field you need to pass or fly around! i would say you are forced to directly fly trough the debris field and take the damage... because its the fastet possible way.

in example... dont punch me Warhammer 40K .... if troops get scattered they need to get back into formation regardless of cost or losses...
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Return to Rules Queries