It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 am

Calypso changes in OFFICIAL RULE CHANGES MAY 2017

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

shuul

Calypso changes in OFFICIAL RULE CHANGES MAY 2017

PostWed May 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi all,
According to the new errata:
Calypso, Advanced ECM Suite rule, ‘Once per turn, after an enemy group has allocated
Attack Dice, you may pick a friendly ship within 4” of the Calypso. Add 1 to the lock value of the
groups Attack Dice allocated to this ship. Subsequent attacks by other groups are not affected.

Does it mean that limitation for "on same orbital layer" is now gone? Or is it a typo?

Kemble

Re: Calypso changes in OFFICIAL RULE CHANGES MAY 2017

PostWed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Well the experimental rules did state that the quoted line was to be swapped out with the first sentence but that instruction disappears in the final rule changes.

I'm sure its just hawk glossing over how important that little instruction is.

By proxy, if it was decided that it was a complete rule override and not just changing the first sentence, then you would also be removing the ability for the calypso buff to stack and to be able to protect itself with the ECM Suite.

shuul

PostWed May 17, 2017 12:26 pm

I guess you are correct, so ill play it as previously until exact wording will be corrected.

Major Awesome

PostWed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Uhg, isn't this annoying. Another legitimate question of rules writing after testing it out writen a different way. You'd think having the time with the experimental rules out in the wild would allow them to get the rules right... So maybe this IS their intent?

I, for one, am definitely not looking forward to seeing calypso defend strike carriers in atmosphere from corvettes... While in high orbit.
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Kemble

PostWed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Major Awesome wrote:I, for one, am definitely not looking forward to seeing calypso defend strike carriers in atmosphere from corvettes... While in high orbit.

Yeah Medea are near invulnerable enough without calypso protection. I'll pass on that.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 17, 2017 3:58 pm

I hoping the intent was to just replace the first sentence. I would rather have to deal with them stacking rather than making the Medea invulnerable in atmosphere or simply having them coast around at whatever layer they feel like (opposite their intended defence target for the lock protection).

My group will be playing it with the wording used previously and only replace the first sentence rather than the whole block until Hawk tells us otherwise.

LiamK

PostWed May 17, 2017 4:23 pm

The intent was to replace the first sentence. I have the fixed document, it is just waiting to be uploaded.

Sorry folks :oops:

Return to Rules Queries