It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:12 am

BETA: Dropfleet Tactics

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

Lyraeus

Hawk Talon

Re: BETA: Dropfleet Tactics

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Samael wrote:Can't wait for the next part.

It looks like a swarm of frigates can give too many targets for the enemy yo deal with.

If I was the avalon's captain I would order crew to life craft, then go weapons free. Two medium mass drivers into a frigate on either side, close action weapons into another frigate and the doom laser into a traitors I mean PHR cruiser.

Yes and no. You can actually split your shots up however you like and Frigates go POP really easily (except PHR frigates that 1 extra hull makes a difference!)

So lets say you are the UCM with a Seattle, you can get 4 shots from your Heavy Mass Driver and you can split those 4 dice however you want as long as they are in the same arc and in range.
Remember to check my Blog out at http://thehotlz.blogspot.com/

If you are on Facebook check out my Page https://www.facebook.com/thehotlz/ where I post all my articles videos, and do contests and events!

Samael

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Lyraeus wrote:

It looks like a swarm of frigates can give too many targets for the enemy yo deal with.

If I was the avalon's captain I would order crew to life craft, then go weapons free. Two medium mass drivers into a frigate on either side, close action weapons into another frigate and the doom laser into a traitors I mean PHR cruiser.

Yes and no. You can actually split your shots up however you like and Frigates go POP really easily (except PHR frigates that 1 extra hull makes a difference!)

So lets say you are the UCM with a Seattle, you can get 4 shots from your Heavy Mass Driver and you can split those 4 dice however you want as long as they are in the same arc and in range.

Wow. I thought each profile has to target an enemy, like in drop zone, not each shot. So many possibilities.

Lyraeus

Hawk Talon

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Samael wrote:
Lyraeus wrote:

Wow. I thought each profile has to target an enemy, like in drop zone, not each shot. So many possibilities.
That was confirmed by Dave and Simon at the US beta but it could change.

It is REALLY nice for things like the Neutron Missiles and such and it gets SUPER scary with Scourge Close Action weapons. . . *glares at the strix*

If you are on Facebook check out my Page https://www.facebook.com/thehotlz/ where I post all my articles videos, and do contests and events!

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 7:50 am

so habe mein letztes Video auch noch auf Deutsch erstellt!

link im startpost
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

LiamK

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Lyraeus wrote:

No you cannot do this. Just like Dropzone. Only 1 profile can fire at a single target. You cannot split the shots up from one weapon to fire at different targets.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm

than this changed!

in the BETA and confiremd per Mail from "ex HawK Simon"

and as written in the Beta ruls this was definitly possible!

so a Ajax Cruiser from PHR could shoot at 12 Targets ech 1x Dice!

did it really change? hm why?

Lyraeus

Hawk Talon

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 3:20 pm

Ouch. . . That will be annoying but I can see why that changed. Having 2 Strix roll 7 each on the 2d6 and then adding their +4 to get 22 shots split between 4 targets or 6 if they are Frigates. .. . Yeesh

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 3:37 pm

that's just possible if you crowd your ships... and their is still lots of Point Defenses against it....

if you shoot at one target than its better to overcome point defenses....

well ok its a hard change... in my eyes but i will live with it if its really changed...

need to think what's it all about...

Carrier and Bombers get much stronger this way, because bombers can go after different targets....

Lyraeus

Hawk Talon

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 4:42 pm

dread2005 wrote:that's just possible if you crowd your ships... and their is still lots of Point Defenses against it....

if you shoot at one target than its better to overcome point defenses....

well ok its a hard change... in my eyes but i will live with it if its really changed...

need to think what's it all about...

Carrier and Bombers get much stronger this way, because bombers can go after different targets....

Bombers get vastly stronger.

What does that mean for the Hercules when it shoots it's 2 torpedoes then? They are 1 profile so having to have both go after the same ship would REALLY limit it.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Hm never thought about it anyway, is it forced to shoot both in the same turn?

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios