It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:44 pm

DFlist, a fleetbuilder for DFC

Discuss the DFlist fleet builder here!
  • Author

Matti

DFlist, a fleetbuilder for DFC

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am

DFlist is in beta! It's a web based fleetbuilder for Dropfleet Commander and you can find it at dflist.com

A few caveats: I fully expect bugs, inconveniences and stats errors. So if you find them, please let me know and I will fix :)

Also, the only export option for now is a shareable link (which you can toggle on or off). Text output is the next item on my todo, along with sorting options, battlegroup and group names and hopefully PDF output as well.

Let me know what you think!

14915328_10210825799663444_1492138274779204207_n.jpg
14915328_10210825799663444_1492138274779204207_n.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 2631 times

BlackLegion

Re: DFlist, a fleetbuilder for DFC

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 am

It is great! :D

i0003

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 12:35 pm

Excellent tool! Well done :D

Jam800

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Had a play earlier. Due to network issues it was a bit slow but that has nothing to do with your tool.

It is very intuitive and I like this fleet builder very much. If you are able to add more functionality to it, like making print outs or pdfs available for your generated fleet, then that would make it even more awesome! :D

Well done!

sunabe

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Very busy checking ship stats and making lists. yet I'm still waiting for my pledge

Lordprinceps

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Very, very nice!
The only few things that I'd personally like to see added in are the following, but it's very good so far!

-Total number of particular tonnages next to the percentage, for example:
"Total Light: N points (X%); K ships"

-A group cap along the bottom of the battle groups, similar to what's shown in the top, for the sake of completeness.

-The ability to remove the mandatory pathfinder and line groups; there's already functionality in place for showing validation errors, so there's no reason to prevent a user from removing them for whatever reason, whether it be building the fleet battlegroup type by battlegroup type for the sake of neatness.

Other than those few things, it's overall very useful!

Matti

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 9:50 pm

Your points are valid. The first I will add to the todo.

The second was there in a previous iteration, but I cut it for the sake of simplicity. I'll have a think about a way of adding it back without cluttering the view up too much.

The third I'm going to think about for a bit, though I am inclined to follow your reasoning I've also heard people say they appreciate the way it is handled now.

BlackLegion

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Would also be handy if I could reposition the battlegroups. Instead of, for example, Line, Pathfinder, Pathfinder, Line, Line Vanguard I would like to arrange them to PAthfinder, Pathfinder, Line, Line, Line , Vanguard. It is just better readable this way :)

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 08, 2016 5:21 am

BlackLegion wrote:Would also be handy if I could reposition the battlegroups. Instead of, for example, Line, Pathfinder, Pathfinder, Line, Line Vanguard I would like to arrange them to PAthfinder, Pathfinder, Line, Line, Line , Vanguard. It is just better readable this way :)

+1, me, too. Otherwise, let us delete the minimum required BGs and add all BGs in the order we want them displayed.

It's a very nice tool, and I really appreciate you putting in the effort. So far the only thing I noticed in terms of a potential "bug" is that sometimes after adding something, either a class to a BG or another ship to a Group, it would hang and the spinning gear would go on forever. A page refresh usually cleared this away, and what I was trying to add showed up on the resulting refreshed page, but not always. It never crashed, tho, so that's great, and it never lost what had been there. Very robust in that regard, it just seemed to get hung up rather easily.

I like it. It fills a huge void. Would love to see the ability to produce PDFs of our fleets, including a set of singular stat lines for each unique ship taken in the list, a la FFoR's output. A complete list of ships with a total count of each would also be great -- I find this feature of the FFoR output very helpful when setting up for a game, as I can see at a glance how many of each unit I have to pull out of my bag.

It's pretty intuitive to learn, so hats off for that. I'm an information junkie, so from my perspective don't be afraid to put a bit more information in each section -- not everything needs to be minimalistic! ;)

Keep up the good work, and Thanks!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Matti

PostTue Nov 08, 2016 12:12 pm

BlackLegion wrote:Would also be handy if I could reposition the battlegroups. Instead of, for example, Line, Pathfinder, Pathfinder, Line, Line Vanguard I would like to arrange them to PAthfinder, Pathfinder, Line, Line, Line , Vanguard. It is just better readable this way :)

Yup, this (sorting at least) is on the immediate todo. There's a little under the covers work needed for it though, so stay tuned.
Next

Return to DFlist Fleet Builder